Last Modified: February 27, 2023
Children Under the Age of 13
The Job Board is not intended to be used by children under 13 years of age and you are not allowed to use the Job Board or provide information on it if you are under 13 years of age. If you believe we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us immediately at email@example.com so we can delete it.
If you are based in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) you may only use the Job Board if you are over the age at which you can provide consent to data processing under the laws of your country or if verifiable parental consent for your use of the Job Board has been provided to us.
Information We Collect And How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Job Board, including:
- Information related to the employment opportunity, such as job description, job location, and supervisor name;
- Information by which you may be personally identified or to respond to the job posting, such as name, phone number, and e-mail address;
- Other information that you include in a job posting to be published on the Job Board, which may include personal information;
- Contact information to receive information from Duckbill about the Job Board and Job Board Services, such as name and email address;
- Information you submit to us by emailing us through the “Feedback” link on the Job Board; and
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Job Board, and Job Board usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it, such as by sending information to Duckbill for a post on the Job Board, or submitting information to our website.
- Automatically as you use and navigate through the Job Board, such as usage details, IP addresses, web browser preferences, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies. Although we do not correlate tracking information to individuals, some information collected, such as IP addresses, will be unique.
How We Use Your Information
We process and use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To develop, provide, and improve the Job Board and Job Board Services to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with notices about your Job Board submissions and postings.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To improve the Job Board and our services.
- To expand and improve data collection systems.
- To notify you about changes to the Job Board or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
Disclosure and Recipients of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose specific personal information that we collect or you provide to these categories of recipients:
- To users of the Job Board and our website to the extent that you include it in a Job Board post submission, as all Job Board posts are publicly published unless otherwise decided by Duckbill.
- To contractors, employees, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Duckbill’s assets.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To third party contractors in order to analyze Job Board performance and user behavior and/or to improve the Job Board.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Duckbill, our users, or others.
Legal Basis for Processing and Retaining Your Data
We retain your information as long as we have your consent and an ongoing legitimate business interest to process your personal information. After this retention period elapses at the reasonable determination of Duckbill, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Choices About Your Personal Information
Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect, and we may not be able to delete your information from cache or archive systems that store previously posted information.
Do Not Track Settings
The Company does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising, and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party websites track your browsing activities when you use their websites so that they can tailor their content to your preferences. If you are visiting such sites, your web browser may allow you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Job Board that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. We do not share information for this purpose, but you may still request more information about our compliance with this law by sending an email to email@example.com.
Transferring Your Information
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access. For example, access by a user to their personal information is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by the user. This information is encrypted through the Job Board with Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL) and is also encrypted when it is stored by us to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing such information. Also, we perform regular malware scanning of the Job Board and all servers and computers used by us to support the Job Board. All Company employees are required to adhere to our security and confidentiality procedures and undergo training related to maintaining the security of user personal information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Job Board. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Job Board.
You have options in relation to the information and data that we have about you. To exercise any of the options discussed below, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re an EEA user, you may:
- Access the information we have about you. We'll will make an effort to share this information with you within a reasonable time.
- Have your information corrected or deleted.
- Object to us processing your information. You can ask us to stop using your information, including when we use your information to send you marketing emails or push notifications. We only send you marketing material if you've agreed to it, but if you'd rather we don't, you can easily unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you, or by emailing us at the email address above.
- Withdraw your consent for us to collect and process your personal information at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Have the information you provided to us sent to another organization, where we hold this information with your consent or for the performance of a contract with you, where it's technically feasible.
- Complain to a regulator or other supervisory authority. If you're based in the EEA and think that we haven't complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission in Ireland or with your local supervisory authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Third Party Links
The Job Board may contain links that lead to other websites, and the Company is not responsible for the privacy practices, content, and/or activities of these linked websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of the Job Board and welcome any feedback about these external websites.
Organization and Contact Information
Corey Quinn, Representative
Mike Julian, Data Protection Officer