Leidos is seeking candidates for the position of Cloud Engineer, contingent upon contract award, supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, MD.
Candidate must be local to the DC Metro area for hybrid work.
The candidate will serve as a cloud engineer in a team environment that will maintain full functionality of IT systems in accordance with the standards. The type of services required to be provided are: Overall Project / Contract Management; IT Service Desk / Desktop Support o Infrastructure Operations / System Administration / Cloud support; and Service Delivery / Specialized projects / Subject Matter Consulting. The candidate is expected to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment with good communication and interpersonal skills to work in a customer-focused team environment. Candidate will be a member of an experienced project team.
Education And Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institute, (preferably in Mathematics, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Management).
- Minimum (5) years of experience administering AWS Enterprise Cloud (EC), including managing, operating, and administering of AWS services.
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator.
- Experience developing and deploying cloud solutions in multiple technologies (AWS, Azure, Google).
- Experience with AWS deployment of AWS services, including CloudFormation, AWS Code and Deploy Pipeline, managing, and deploying ECR images, experience in AWS service deployment, monitoring, and operational support of production environments.
- Experience with management of applications running within containers, including ECS or EC2.
- Experience with virtualization.
- Experience setting up and maintaining System architecture/design documentation, System maintenance documentation, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Must have excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills, team orientation, and strong interpersonal skills. Able to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both independently and in a team.
- Flexible and able to adapt to new processes and requirements in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage workload within multiple projects, delivering results within agreed deadlines.
Requires ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- One or more of the following certifications: AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, Microsoft Azure Administrator, AWS Certified Security.
Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.