Cloud Engineer, Senior
Everyone is trying to “harness the power of the cloud,” but not everyone knows how. As a cloud computing application architect, you know how to build a cloud-based technical architecture that meets client needs and takes advantage of cloud capabilities. What if you could use your cloud architecture skills to promote the progress of science, advance the national health and welfare, and secure the national defense? We need you to help us develop cloud-based solutions for some of the government's toughest challenges.
On our team, you’ll shape end-to-end solution architecture for cloud applications, migration, and modernization. This is an opportunity to use the latest cloud technologies as you look for ways to improve your client’s environment using cloud capabilities. Your technical expertise will be vital as you work with application developers, system administrators, security engineers, and product owners to ensure standards are met throughout the cloud migration process. You’ll recommend tools and solutions based on your research of the environment and knowledge of various on premise, cloud based, and hybrid resources. You’ll lead your team as they help the client overcome their most difficult challenges in the cloud. Additionally, you’ll broaden your skillset in AWS while developing critical systems for your client.
Ready to transform grants management for almost 30% of the National's basic research funding with cloud technology?
Join us. The world can’t wait.
- 8+ years of experience in a professional work environment
- Experience with AWS Cloud technologies
- Experience with Containerization, Docker, and Container orchestration and security technologies, including Kubernetes and Prisma Cloud
- Experience with Linux, including RedHat or CentOS
- Experience with scripting, including Groovy, Python, and Bash
- Experience with administering Production environments
- Experience with build and dependency management tools
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with Systems development for federal clients
- Experience with Java application deployment, including microservices and MVC
- Knowledge of securing Containerized applications, including end-to-end encryption and service mesh
- Knowledge of Java EE application servers, including Tomcat, JBoss, and WebLogic
- Ability to answer in-depth technical questions on Application Architecture and Development in the Public Cloud
- Ability to enhance solutions being recommended through examples or demonstrations
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possession of excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- AWS Certified Professional certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Create Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn’t all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have access to:
- experts in virtually every field
- a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
- opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You’ll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.
Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $81,800.00 to $186,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees.
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.