Senior DevOps Engineer
As the Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for establishing and leading the DevOps practices for Digital Product Technologies Group.
Who We Are Overall
Dyno Nobel is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide innovative blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America, Australia, and selected customers in the Asia Pacific.
Join us in everything that’s great about Dyno Nobel: OUR culture, OUR values, OUR commitment to safety, and most importantly our PEOPLE. This combination makes Dyno Nobel a terrific place to work.
Dyno Nobel is a subsidiary of Australian-based Incitec Pivot Limited. IPL's 4500 employees also manufacture and market industrial chemicals and fertilizer products & services to customers around the world.
Who We Are As a Team
We deliver innovative, high-quality software for the Dyno Nobel stakeholders through a growing network of world-class engineers, designers, and leaders. Our culture attracts and retains a diverse range of talent by emphasizing openness, continuous learning, and personal accountability. We set the standard of excellence in the industry to uphold Zero Harm as we innovate to provide value for our users, our team, and the global community.
What You’ll Do
As the Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for establishing and leading the DevOps practices for Digital Product Technologies Group. The position will manage the adoption of DevOps and a culture of continuous improvement. This resource will also closely work with the Technical Architect to define and implement the DevOps Roadmap for the Program. Other duties will include:
- Deploying and monitoring applications on AWS platform using AWS suite of tools and other compatible & supporting tools.
- Creating and driving the DevOps roadmap.
- Managing the infrastructure to support CI/CD initiatives to move the organization towards “Delivery on Demand”.
- Provisioning and maintaining access to different tools, repositories, and infrastructure.
- Managing access to the following applications/frameworks/tools – JIRA, Confluence, VPN, GitHUB, Slack, Okta, Figma, CircelCI, Codacy, Lucidchart, and similar applications.
- Overall design of cross-functional, multi-platform product solutions; large-scale SOA web and mobile-based application systems.
- Containerization of applications (Docker preferable), understanding best practices of Docker, developing reusable base images, and tuning Docker applications.
- Real-time monitoring and alerting of applications deployed in AWS using Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, and Simple Notification Service
- Identify opportunities for process and tool improvements and drive those from concept to implementation
- Foster transparency and visibility and radiate information to strengthen the presence of our team within the DevOps Community of Practice.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Should have an overall experience of 5 years (or more) in application infrastructure architecture, worked on cloud technologies preferably in AWS for a minimum of 1-3 years
- Certified AWS Solutions Architect – Associate OR Certified AWS Solutions Architect – Professional Preferred
- Expertise in AWS EC2, ECS, VPC, Autoscaling, Security Groups, AWS CLI, Cloud watch.
- Expertise in AWS provisioning using Terraform , Ansible equivalent technologies.
- Experienced in any of the scripting languages (shell, bash, GO, ruby, python, etc.)
- Experienced in managing AWS infrastructure as an Admin/Root account admin.
What We Offer:
- Hybrid schedule of onsite and remote work. Tuesday and Wednesday in office collaboration days.
- 3 weeks paid vacation + 12 paid holidays + a couple of PTO days
- Full health benefits including employer HSA contributions + dental plan with an orthodontic option, wellness coaching available
- Up to a 4% 401k match PLUS additional company contribution from 1% to 5% based on years of service
- Generous tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid parental leave
- Friendly and supportive coworkers
Zero Harm for Everyone Everywhere
Value People – Respect, Recognize & Reward
Think Customer. Everyone. Every day
Treat the Business as our Own
Care for the Community & our Environment
Challenge & Improve the Status Quo
Deliver on our Promises
Women and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Dyno Nobel is an equal employment opportunity employer and will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.