Full Stack Developer - Digital Products
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Position Role Type:
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
We are seeking a highly motivated Full Stack Developer to join our team. Reporting within the Digital Product Management organization, the successful candidate will be highly collaborative, technically savvy, and passionate about delivering impactful user experiences to customers.
By leveraging product data and achieving a comprehensive understanding of user needs, you will deliver best of breed digital technologies to solve highly technical, complex real-world problems.
You will design reliable, scalable, and performant end-to-end architectures - functional, data, technology, infrastructure.
This role will also work closely with engineering, data science, design, and product teams to challenge the boundaries of what’s possible.
Role Type: Remote
- Collaboration with agile project teams on the design, development, and management of digital products and services, from early conceptual definition through launch and adoption.
- Developing front end website architecture.
- Designing user interactions on web pages.
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, Redshift), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design.
- Experience with DevOps practices.
- Working within an Agile development team on sprint definition, backlog prioritization, development, and release of Minimum Viable Products.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Designing and developing APIs meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- BS in Computer Science, engineering, or related field with 5+ years of experience or advanced degree with 3+ years of experience.
- US Citizen or US person ( Green card) required.
- 3+ years’ experience (or equivalent) in digital technology and/or product development.
- BS in computer science, engineering, or an equivalent field/experience.
- Good at writing clean, modular, readable, and testable Java code.
- Strong knowledge of Spring Boot framework, a good understanding of REST. API principles and best practices.
- Experience building Microservices.
- Proficient with CI/CD practices and production deployment.
- Familiarity with Agile software delivery practices and expectations.
- Experience managing SDLC process a plus.
- Experience with developing in Azure, AWS, GCP, or other cloud offerings a plus.
- Experience with Container (Docker) and Container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively at all levels within the company.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment with high degree of autonomy and accountability.
- Ideal candidate is a collaborative, detail oriented, reliable individual who strives to deliver the highest quality products.
- Familiarity with basic web application security concepts.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS cloud services.
- Experience with Apache Kafka and Kafka Streams.
- Ability to explain technical solutions to both engineering and non-technical stakeholders.
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home).
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
The salary range for this role is 75,000 USD - 161,000 USD; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, location, education/training, and key skills. Hired applicants may be eligible for benefits, including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, flexible work schedules, employee assistance program, Employee Scholar Program, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays. Specific benefits are dependent upon the specific business unit as well as whether or not the position is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement. Hired applicants may be eligible for annual short-term and/or long-term incentive compensation programs depending on the level of the position and whether or not it is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement. Payments under these annual programs are not guaranteed and are dependent upon a variety of factors including, but not limited to, individual performance, business unit performance, and/or the company’s performance.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms