Industry Senior Principal Sales Engineer, Data Science
Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
Are you passionate about taking new ideas and innovation to market? Have you successfully applied technology to solve business problems in the Data Science industry? If so, we have a strategic opportunity to use your expertise across Data, Cloud and AI to drive transformational changes in the industry in a highly visible role collaborating with internal and external leadership.
Snowflake is actively seeking an Industry Sales Engineering Specialist for Data Science to join our Sales Engineering Organization. In this role, you will work side-by-side with Snowflake’s strategic customers. You will partner with our sales team, marketing, product management and channel partners to create compelling solution offerings for customers. You will also drive co-innovation programs with customers via Snowflake’s technology and solutions sharing best practices, providing guidance around design patterns and architecture.
You will act as a visionary and an innovative industry expert and have the opportunity to apply your successful track record of architecting, building, and taking solutions to market that are applicable to various industry, including Financial Services, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Public Sector, Retail, Manufacturing, Telecommunications, Media, Entertainment and Technology.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL GET TO:
- Have direct & recurring involvement with our most strategic customers and partners building trusted relationships with technical stakeholders, participate in product and solution briefings and lead co-innovation projects
- Be the voice of the customer identifying industry trends, functional requirements and technical gaps to partner with product management for prioritization
- Drive repeatability by creating industry specific technical selling assets (customer architectures, use cases, demos, whitepapers, customer case studies and solutions)
- Collaborate with our industry go-to-market team to prioritize industry-specific capabilities in future product roadmaps and drive Snowflake’s industry product vision into the market
- Collaborate with counterparts in Global and Regional System Integration partners to jointly define Snowflake centric industry offerings.
- Identify, recruit and map potential ISV partners and marketplace providers to target reference architecture, data sets and use cases
- Enable technical sales team and Industry communities of practice on industry trends, partner capabilities and solution offerings
- Contribute and participate in industry marketing activities such as webinars, conferences, blogs etc.
ON DAY ONE WE WILL EXPECT YOU TO HAVE:
- 15+ years of experience building, consulting to, or implementing technology architectures.
- Understanding of Data Science & Machine Learning concepts and applications for a variety of industries
- Broad range of experience with technical and design direction including large-scale database and/or data warehouse technology, ETL, analytics and public cloud technologies
- Familiarity with data providers and data aggregators
- Outstanding presentation skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Experience working with C-level executives and an ability to quickly establish credibility with senior leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience preferred
- The ability to travel to customer sites, industry events and other related events as required
The following represents the expected range of compensation for this role:
- The estimated base salary range for this role is $202,500 - $225,000. However, because this role is eligible to participate in Snowflake's commission plan, it is common for employees in this role to receive total on-target earnings of $270,000 - $300,000.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Snowflake’s equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; flexible spending & health savings account; at least 12 paid holidays; paid time off; parental leave; employee assistance program; and other company benefits.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?