Director of IT Infrastructure
The Director of IT Infrastructure is responsible for managing and advancing the Children's Home Society's (CHS) technology infrastructure to ensure stable and scalable operations, in accordance with the agency's mission, vision, and service philosophy. The Director of IT Infrastructure will plan, organize, and manage staff and technology operations for all CHS IT network, security, server, and help desk environments. In addition, this person will also play a leadership role in defining and executing CHS IT's future data center strategy and end-user computing technology to support the agency's future growth.
The Director of IT Infrastructure will provide strong leadership, communication, problem-solving, and technology skills as well as a deep commitment to end-user experience and process improvement. Responsibilities include systems administration, network maintenance, security compliance, IT service request (help desk) processes, troubleshooting hardware and software, and identifying opportunities to improve IT processes, delivery, and end-user satisfaction.
The Director of IT Infrastructure will report directly to the VP of Information Technology and lead a team of IT support professionals who work to fulfill the CHS mission of promoting the right of every child to a permanent, safe, and loving family. The successful candidate will be a resourceful, results-oriented leader as well as strategic thinker able to turn ideas into action. This is a hybrid role requiring on-site (in office) presence as well as the ability to work remotely.
Primary Job Functions
- Lead staff and daily operations of CHS's technology infrastructure (network, security, server, help desk, Microsoft 365, end-user computing, etc.)
- Manage a small team IT support staff, providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship
- Upgrade and maintain CHS's technology network supporting its offices across North Carolina
- Lead migration of on-premise applications, data, and files to the cloud
- Improve IT Service (help) Desk processes, activities, prioritization, and SLAs (response time, resolution time, quality). Develop and gather key metrics to analyze performance, identify problem area and trends, and implement plans to continually improve service
- Implement IT asset management, including maintenance of device inventory and related documentation
- Enhance and test disaster recovery plans to detect gaps, improve processes, and ensure backup and recovery systems are effective
- Collaborate and partner across teams and programs within CHS. Monitor, maintain, and improve CHS end-user satisfaction levels
- Conduct research and leverage technology to deliver solutions on products, services, processes, and designs that continually improve the IT infrastructure
- Develop and supervise a 24-hour on-call availability to assist direct service staff in crisis situations involving clients
- Develop and enhance IT processes, procedures, and policies
- Responsible for 24/7 IT support, which requires nights, weekends, holidays, and travel, as necessary based on criticality of specific IT service requests and issues
- Promote a healthy work/life balance while maintaining professional boundaries
- Promote a culture of strong communication, accountability, service-oriented delivery, engagement, and staff development
Contribute to a positive, engaging work environment.
- Display sensitivity to the service population's cultural and socioeconomic characteristics
- Demonstrate the CHS Mission, Vision, and Values in the performance of all job duties.
- Participate actively in departmental meetings, training, and education, as well as the quality process.
- Comply with CHS's code of conduct, policies, procedures, and other obligations.
- Perform other duties related to department goals and projects as needed.
Education, Licenses & Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree or higher required; preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related discipline
- 5+ years of IT leadership experience, including IT infrastructure and operations
- 3+ years of experience managing 3rd-party software and IT service providers
Skills and Proficiency in:
- Customer, client, or end-user service experience with a demonstrated commitment to customer service excellence
- Strong planning, organizational, and staff development skills and experience
- In-depth experience across various technologies such as Cisco Meraki, Azure, Windows, Active Directory (AD), M365, Teams, Sharepoint, Outlook/Exchange, Android, security, network/VPN, systems and server administration, device/equipment provisioning, etc.
- IT Service Management (ITSM) platform experience such as ServiceNow, Freshworks, etc.
- HIPAA knowledge and experience preferred
- Must o perate in a professional work environment with the ability to work independently while maintaining adherence to deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with effective organizational and time management skills
- Must be physically able to use standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, printers, photocopiers, and fax machines
- Must be physically able to lift/move up to 25 pounds (computer equipment)
- Travel required, as needed
- Availability for occasional evening and weekend hours, as needed
- Maintain a valid North Carolina driver's license, adequate auto insurance, and have access to an operating vehicle to attend to CHS business
This position is a salary exempt job that will require some weekends, and evenings work. Along with working our standard scheduled week. The ability to work flexible hours is required to meet business needs. If working remotely, will be required to be available by telephone and email during specified hours as required. Frequent travel required to conduct business-related activities.