Workstation Administrator- Hybrid
Encova Insurance has an opening for a Workstation Administrator for our Columbus, Ohio corporate location. This role will work a hybrid schedule with days in office each week.
The Workplace Services Workstation Administrator provides support of the Workplace Services footprint within the Encova enterprise. This is an entry level technical role, serving as an administrator to learn and support end user compute-based systems.
The Workstation Administrator will support and maintain the Encova associate facing systems and solutions. Responsible for basic technical support of teams/project. Key to the success of this role is to learn from and support team members within the department, division, and company.
- Learn and develop a technical aptitude for technology, as it related to physical and virtual workstation environments
- Learn and develop a technical understanding of virtualization and cloud technologies
- Build an overall technical aptitude for technology and information technology principles
- Assist others in technical project team(s) both local and remote
- Develop and provide the ability to serve as VMware platform co-product engineer, as it relates to the virtual desktop environment (other co-product owner is Director of Hosting, as it relates to the server footprint and larger scope).
- Execute the completion of basic tasks and phases of projects and client-based application support.
- Ensure that deployment standards are met by following solution/project team scope documentation.
- Participate in knowledge transfer from other workplace services associates to enhance one’s abilities to complete technical tasks.
- Develop an understanding of technical systems analysis and design
- Provide feedback with consulting support and technical topics
- Assist in technical activities leading to the resolution of business application and technical problems.
- Abide by current Encova division and department standards
- Develop an understanding on the effects of company decisions on the systems, including new project charters.
- Ability to be coached, mentored by team members to aid in career development.
- Develop an understanding in projecting software and hardware requirements and budgets, including review of contracts and associated assets.
- Process Request, Incident and Problem tickets as well as participate in support activities
- Complete basic tasks assigned by other team member that are working with business stakeholders and product vendors to design integrations to desired systems.
- Learn and support new tools, technologies, and processes to continuously improve software and software delivery.
- Process and complete basic project tasks and provide status updates
- Adhere to Encova IT principles, High Availability, Least Privilege, Customer Service, etc.
- Gain awareness of current technology trends and compliance regulations.
- Engage in shared knowledge and provided cross training sessions with other members of the team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
This individual will be an entry level administrator around single domain focus as it relates to servers, workstations, networks, virtualization, cloud technologies, IT processes and regulatory compliance. They will be working proactively to support customer facing solutions to enable and protect our organization and reputation.
- 3 years of IT experience preferred
- Associates degree with a major in computer information systems or engineering.
- General understanding in deployment and implementation project teams procedures
- Highly motivated and ambitious, excellent communication skills, creative & critical thinker.
- General IT engineering understanding, such as operating systems, workstations, servers, virtualization, cloud technologies (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS)
- General understanding of designing, testing, and deploying enterprise applications for production and other environments.
- Basic understanding of computer hardware, Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft O365 suite, FSLogix, and common end-user software
- Effective customer service skills, including active listening, conflict resolution, decision making, and negotiation
- Effective verbal, phone, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Quick to adapt and eager to learn
- Able to lift 40 pounds and perform physical tasks related to moving and installing technology related equipment
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Basic technical, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Industry and vendor certifications a plus
This position has been evaluated in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Encova Insurance makes every effort to reasonably accommodate disabilities to permit performance of the essential functions and candidates who need such accommodation are encouraged to seek it. This description reflects the nature and level of work performed by associates in this position. It is not an all-inclusive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required. It provides an accurate overview of the work and skills needed to perform this position. Because job content may change from time to time, Encova Insurance reserves the right to add and/or delete functions from this job as it deems necessary for business reasons.
Ready to join our team?
At Encova Insurance, we firmly believe that our associates drive our company’s success by delivering unrivaled service to our customers. With success in mind, we make an ongoing effort to provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
Join us to discover a work experience where your diverse ideas will be met with enthusiasm – where you can learn and grow to your fullest potential.
What You Can Expect From Us
Join our family of industry leaders, and let us reward you with a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package that includes but is not limited to: a 401(k), wellness programs, bonus incentive plans and flexible schedules, with an early close of the office every Friday. Additionally, Encova aspires to be an outstanding corporate citizen in all the markets we serve; we encourage and support associate participation in community initiatives through our foundations.