Senior Solutions Engineer - Ad Engineering
With a mission to build the world’s leading global live TV streaming platform with the greatest breadth of premium content and interactivity, FuboTV Inc. (NYSE: FUBO) aims to transcend the industry’s current TV model. Fubo operates in the U.S., Canada, France and Spain. The company also has a growing technology center in Bangalore, India that is developing strategic product and technology features for the global Fubo platform.
We’re rapidly growing in employees, subscribers, content offerings and awards — including being ranked highest in Customer Satisfaction among Live TV Streaming Providers by J.D. Power. Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
Fubo is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
About the role:
Fubo is seeking an enthusiastic Solutions Engineer to help us build the future of our Ads Platform. As a member of a small but growing team, you will serve as a subject matter expert on ad technology, both in terms of our platforms and trends in the industry.
As a member of our advertising technology platform engineering team, you will play a key role in gathering, structuring, and presenting data to our internal teams, enabling confident decision-making. You will enhance our understanding of the performance of our advertising technology infrastructure and create tools that enable our Advertising Operations and Sales teams to work efficiently in a complex ecosystem. Collaborating closely with our other advertising teams, you will liaise with third-party vendors to gather requirements and integrate them with our in-house advertising infrastructure.
This role presents an exciting opportunity for an engineer who thrives on collaborating with both internal and external customers, designing streamlined systems to address critical business requirements. You will partner with our Product, Advertising Engineering, Operations, and Sales teams to maintain our current third-party partnerships while facilitating the onboarding of new partners as we expand. Your responsibilities will include managing vendor relationships and interfacing with ad decisioning services, video player vendors, ad routers, server-side ad insertion partners, and other relevant stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with our Ad Eng, Ops, Ad Sales, Video Experience, and other members of the Fubo organization to refine functional requirements, determine priorities, and deliver business-critical projects
- Maintain constructive working relationships with vendors at all levels of our advertising stack, including, but not limited to, understanding technical and functional requirements for new partner onboarding, troubleshooting with existing partners and vendors, performance analysis, and reporting
- Identify opportunities to develop software to help increase our ad technology's efficiency, visibility, and performance
- Extract and aggregate data from a variety of sources into data warehouses
- Attend stakeholder meetings and provide updates where necessary
- Improves processes and troubleshooting/integration tactics
- Write SQL queries for reporting and troubleshooting purposes
- Develop and organize documentation (Wiki, Jira, etc.)
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Strong communication skills
- 4+ years of Adtech experience/knowledge
- 4+ years of technical support/integration experience
- Experience working with clients face-to-face
- Strong experience in video ad technologies, including VAST, VMAP, VPAID, and IAB standards.
- Knowledge of Ad servers, DSPs, ad exchanges, and SSPs
- Knowledge of SCTE 35, SSAI/CSAI
- Proficiency in working with large data sets
- Experience in SQL
- Experience in analyzing issues, distilling and communicating their relevant aspects
- Comfortable with XML, JSON, HTTP, cookies, REST, scripting languages, etc.
- Professional experience using modern log/metric aggregation software (e.g. Datadog, Elasticsearch + Kibana, Splunk, CloudWatch)
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors and clients
- Experience debugging and profiling software run on a Linux operating system (e.g. GDB, PProf, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Ideal qualifications and experience:
- Experience working with streaming video in an MVPD environment (Linear and VOD)
- Familiarity with HLS and DASH protocols
- Knowledge of POIS, ESNI, ESAM
- Knowledge of CDNs (Cloudfront, Fastly, etc.)
- Previous experience working with AdTech
- Familiarity with AdServers like Freewheel, Springserve, or GAM
- Familiarity with cloud-based technologies like AWS, Google Cloud Platform, and Azure
Perks & Benefits:
- At Fubo, you will have the opportunity to personally influence what live media looks like after it goes through its next big transformation
- Professional development courses and learning opportunities
- Fubo provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards
- Robust benefit package including Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free Premium Fubo Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.
- Fubo's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan, with offices in Denver, Paris, and Bangalore
- Fubo is an e-verified company
Fubo’s minimum base salary for this role if hired in New York City is $130,000 per year; maximum base salary for this role is $170,000 per year. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Fubo's equity plan, annual bonus plan, unlimited PTO, and a full range of medical benefits. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations.