DevOps Engineer III
Who We Are
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.
This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day.
SiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM’s platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment and podcasts. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM's subsidiaries Stitcher, Simplecast and AdsWizz make it a leader in podcast hosting, production, distribution, analytics and monetization. The Company’s advertising sales organization, which operates as SXM Media, leverages its scale, cross-platform sales organization and ad tech capabilities to deliver results for audio creators and advertisers. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers.
How You’ll Make An Impact
This position is for someone to join our Channel Lineup Management System (CLMS) Dev Ops team and will be primarily responsible for administering, maintaining, the systems and infrastructure that support the CLMS. This position will be a member of a team responsible for providing support for other SiriusXM streaming audio and metadata origin systems. The candidate will perform a wide variety of software/hardware configuration/maintenance and operational support tasks of many varied back-end systems, including but not limited to, Linux server OS/software, server-class hardware, AWS/VMWare Infrastructure, Postgres/SQL databases, and various custom application servers. The candidate will be responsible for active monitoring of environments, working with development teams to ensure uptime/stability. The candidate should have a penchant for solving tough technical problems, and a dedication to ensuring high availability. The position is considered to be on-call and the candidate will be expected to ensure the coverage of occasional after-hours deployments/maintenance windows. The position focuses on the administration of a mixture of third party and custom origin systems architecture within the SiriusXM streaming areas. This also includes expanded responsibilities surrounding all infrastructure support including application monitoring, software build machines, and software support servers. This position is an individual contributor/hands-on role.
What You’ll Do
- Administration of virtual environments in VMware and Amazon Web Services (AWS) Infrastructure.
- Administration of an OpenShift CI/CD pipeline used for the CLMS
- Installation, configuration, and administration of Linux/Windows Servers.
- Networking (TCP/IP) configuration including IP routes and Firewall ACLs.
- Work with security teams to stay on top of risks and develop/execute plans to keep systems secure.
- Develop and manage CI/CD technologies such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Ansible.
- Create automated tasks with shell scripts (bash, python).
- Handle Tier 2 support for incoming issues and questions as required.
- Perform custom application maintenance, including debugging through logs, installing new application releases, patching, etc.
- Develop, document, and maintain procedures for administering, maintaining, and supporting infrastructure.
- Collecting, monitoring, and analyzing systems performance data for improved performance.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum of 5 years of IT/Engineering experience. 1 year in a 24x7 support environment.
- Experience with virtual infrastructure and support, both on-premise and in the cloud (VMWare and AWS specifically).
- Must be familiar with most flavors of Linux/Windows.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Sciences Technology, or related fields. Equivalent qualifications and work experience will be evaluated and considered.
- Must be able to design, implement and support solutions based on the needs of the business and based on industry professional and security best practices.
- Work independently as part of a team, including cross-functional teams.
- Exhibit excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Pay attention to details and be organized.
- Interface with a multitude of diverse personalities in a professional and consistent manner.
- Identify problems, recommend solutions and perform triage in a team environment.
- This position requires after-hours availability for support and work in order to support the availability and uptime requirements of the business.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
At SiriusXM, we carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. We expect the base salary for this position to be in the range of $110,000 to $140,000 and will depend on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary short-term and long-term incentives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
Our goal at SiriusXM is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.