Director of Enterprise Applications
Dermalogica continues to lead the professional skincare industry with distribution in over 100 countries. Known worldwide as the premiere Skin Therapist’s choice for offering the most respected professional skincare line, we are also recognized for our renowned postgraduate education.
Our entrepreneurial spirit, hands-on environment, and fast-paced culture encourage employees to be their best, bringing innovative solutions to reach the skincare professional and consumer. We are highly energetic, passionate, and results oriented. You will find that Dermalogica is a very special place, with tremendous opportunities ahead for us, all building upon a record of achievement.
In 2015 Dermalogica was acquired by Unilever, one of the world’s largest and most successful consumer goods companies. While Dermalogica continues to operate as a stand-alone entrepreneurial business, we now have enviable access to cutting edge capabilities and resources to help us win in our markets.
The challenge is to build on the legacy of our brand, our experienced team, and our industry-leading education to deliver profitable growth. One of the key elements for our success, and critical for our growth, is bringing in the right people to join our team. We invite you to come and make a real difference and grow your career with the global leader in skincare.
We are looking for an Director of Enterprise Applications to lead our organization's application development, integration and management initiatives. In this role you will be responsible for overseeing the design, development, implementation, and integration services across our application portfolio. You will be managing a small team of architects and analysts that provide operational support for the application portfolio and ensure that system enhancements and projects are delivered on time and within budget. Prior work in an ERP environment in the fast-moving consumer goods sector or a similar dynamic environment, a plus. Our application portfolio consists of SaaS, Cloud ERP and minimal on-premises applications.
- Set and manage internal customer expectations across sales, marketing, finance, operations, supply chain and customer service regarding enterprise applications and analytics.
- Collaborate with stakeholders from different functions to understand their specific needs and requirements.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business processes and objectives within each function.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications and help the business choose the best technical solution.
- Educate internal customers about the capabilities, limitations, and potential impact of enterprise applications on their respective functions.
- Manage and prioritize incoming requests, ensuring they align with the overall company goals and available resources.
- Foster strong relationships with key stakeholders, promoting collaboration and a customer-centric mindset.
- Manage the development, implementation, and maintenance of our enterprise applications – on-premise applications, Cloud and SaaS.
- Manage a hybrid workforce consisting of company employees, consultants and 3rd party service providers in the development, implementation, and maintenance of enterprise applications, integrations, and production environments.
- Provide guidance and support to both internal and external team members, ensuring a cohesive and productive working environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with project management methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall)
- Manage the budget for the enterprise applications function, including planning, tracking, and reporting of financial resources.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to establish an annual budget that supports the strategic goals and initiatives of the function.
- Monitor and control expenses, ensuring adherence to the approved budget and identifying areas for cost optimization.
- Manage the enterprise application portfolio, including identifying opportunities for rationalization and optimization.
- Bachelor’s degree in business information systems, Computer Science or a related IT/Business field.
- 10+ years of experience in supporting enterprise applications such as ERP, CRM or similar systems, with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
- Understanding of and ability to support SOX, SOD and other audit/regulatory requirements for the enterprise systems.
- Experience with application deployment/integration, enterprise workflow methodologies, data warehousing and analytics.
- Strong understanding of the unique challenges and requirements of an ERP environment in a fast-moving consumer sector. Knowledge of industry-specific processes - those related to multi-channel order management, inventory management, and supply chain optimization.
- Collaborate with HR and procurement departments to establish effective contracts and agreements with external consultants.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, legal requirements, and contractual obligations in relation to the hybrid workforce.
- Identify opportunities to optimize the hybrid workforce structure and leverage external expertise effectively.
The position is based at the Dermalogica corporate headquarters in Carson, CA with hybrid 3 days per week on site guidelines.
The expected base salary range for this position is $145,000 to $165,000. The exact base salary is determined by various factors including experience, skills, education, residency location, and budget.
This position is also eligible for participation in the company discretionary bonus plan, based on personal performance and company results.
Apply now and become a team member for the preeminent global leader in skincare providing a competitive and comprehensive health benefits package including life/accident/disability insurance, wellness programs, paid family leave, domestic partner benefits, education/training programs, product allowances, fitness reimbursement, 401(k) matching, and a host of other great perks.
Dermalogica is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion.