Senior Engineering Specialist
We are seeking an experienced Senior Engineer IT Specialist with AWS experience to join our growing Financial firm team. The successful candidate will provide technical expertise while working on a variety of projects including data migrations, server virtualization, network design, and cloud-based infrastructure development. This role requires a strategic mindset, exceptional problem-solving skills, and a strong sense of collaboration with internal teams and external vendors.
- Build, maintain and troubleshoot robust IT infrastructure systems in AWS.
- Work closely with DevOps teams to create and update automated deployment scripts
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Analyze and implement network infrastructure and security solutions.
- Collaborate with project teams and business stakeholders to ensure technology solutions align with business goals.
- Create detailed technical documentation and provide training to end-users.
- Participate in incident calls and provide prompt resolution to issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Proven experience as a Senior Engineer IT Specialist with AWS experience in a financial institution
- Hands-on experience with cloud computing technologies and services specifically AWS
- Strong knowledge of networking, scripting, and automation tools
- Excellent communication skills, with experience presenting technical solutions to business stakeholders
- Experience working within Agile methodologies
- AWS Certifications such as Solutions Architect or DevOps Engineer preferred
- Knowledge of AWS Services
- Docker and architecture systems such as Kubernetes
- CICD platforms like CircleCI, Jenkins, or Drone
- A scripting language like shell, Python, or Typescript
- A config management tool like ansible, puppet, or chef
- An infrastructure management tool like Terraform, CloudFormation, or Pulu
- Monitoring & analytical tools such as Datadog & Big Panda
- Linux / Unix / System Administration Operations
Compensation/Benefits Information (New York City Applicants Only)
LSEG is committed to offering competitive Compensation and benefits. The anticipated base salary for this position is $109,800 - $203,800.
Please be aware base salary ranges may vary by geographic location, city and state. In addition to our offered base salary, this role is eligible for our annual incentive (AIP/"bonus plan"). Target AIP rates will be commensurate with role level and posted career stage. Individual salary will be reflective of job related knowledge, skills and commensurate experience. All roles are typically eligible for inclusion in our LSEG benefit program, more information & details will be provided at time of offer.
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose – driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth – in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone’s race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.