Lead Infrastructure Engineer
In this role, you will work alongside ADP product owners to understand their challenges in creating, upgrading, or augmenting our products. Then, you'll design technical solutions and guide a team of developers as they implement your design.
Every day, you will promote architectural initiatives that drive revenue and improve efficiency aligned with business strategy. Each day, you will start with a team directive and identify priorities within the current project timeline or discuss a new project. Then you'll create and deliver network designs to guide the operational engineers while they run your network design. If something is particularly critical, you may have to roll up your sleeves and troubleshoot. As the team lead, you'll communicate and collaborate with your team and cross-functionally, acting as the technical reference.
To thrive in this role, you'll have five-plus years of experience in design, and building large-scale distributed services-oriented systems which will be essential to your success.
Our best engineers are creative problem solvers who love a challenge. If you get stuck, you find a workaround and keep going. You never give up. This role requires you to have clear, compelling, and influential communication skills to succeed. You will constantly mentor developers and collaborate with peer architects on other teams. You must be adept at teaching, leading, and influencing. As part of our team, you will influence product success and help shape our industry.
To Succeed In This Role
- You'll have a bachelor's degree OR equivalent experience.
- 5 years of prior experience that would give you extra comfort in the role includes:
- Ability to implement OAuth1.1 and OAuth 2.0 security protocols for APIs
- Provisioning and Upgrades
- Troubleshooting with Wireshark/Netscout
- Leveraging API security
- Experience building dummy APIs for testing purposes in SOAP and REST types.
- Working knowledge of XML, XML Schemas, XSLT, XPath, SOAP, REST
- Understanding of IP Tables, network routes, NTP, DNS is a must.
- Public Cloud (AWS or Azure)
- Experience with open source load balancers Apache , Nginx, Ha Proxy (And F5)
- HAProxy (Opensource)
- Experience with CDN and WAF
- Scripting (Python, PHP)
- RESTful Web Services
- Understanding of digital certificates
- Network architecture awareness and understanding including Routing, Firewall, Web Proxy, Gateways
- Layer7 (API Gateway)
- Troubleshooting with Splunk
Like what you see? Apply now!
Learn More About ADP At Tech.adp.com/careers
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. ADP has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a global Best Places to Work, DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. Learn more about ADP's commitment on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
What You'll Do
Here's what you can expect on a typical day:
- Blueprints and Strategy. You will influence and govern current and future design blueprints and promote architectural initiatives that generate revenue, improve efficiency, and support our business strategy. You will ensure that what we do solves both enterprise and local needs.
- Team Work. You'll start every day with a project and/or project listing with other team members, working together to understand responsibilities, identify issues, and communicate design and delivery priorities.
- Delivery. After working with engineering on a design, you will work through delivery install and handoff to operations group to bring it to life using tools like OpenSource HaProxy, Layer7 API gateways, python, bash, F5, Splunk. You will review their configurations, refine it if necessary, and jump in and configure critical areas yourself.
- Challenges. Inevitable challenges will arise, and we'll rely on you to look for a solution. You love a challenge and revel in the opportunity of finding one.
- Learning and Teaching. You're on a team of technical experts, so when issues arise, you'll be contributing to the fix. When you present a design, you are open to feedback from your engineer team since you believe collaboration helps strengthen your ideas, especially if someone thought of something you hadn't considered. After all, we all have the same goal, develop the best solutions we can for our clients.
- Variety of work. There is no typical day. Some days you will dedicate to design, operational support or mentoring team members, while others you will spend on projects for quality assurance, security, UX, or any number of other functions.
- Experience. You have 7+ years of experience in relevant skills gained and developed in the same or similar role.
You'll Love Working Here Because You Can
- Have courageous team collaboration. Courage comes from how associates are willing to have difficult conversations, speak up, be an owner, and challenge one another's ideas to net out the best solution.
- Deliver at epic scale. We deliver real user outcomes using strong judgment and good instincts. We're obsessed with the art of achieving simplicity with a focus on client happiness and productivity.
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen, stay agile, and learn from mistakes.
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to leading change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us. We are hands-on and willing to master our craft.
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients and our community and humbly give back to the community where we live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADP's Philanthropic Foundation.
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Find out why people come to ADP and why they stay: https://youtu.be/ODb8lxBrxrY
Explore our COVID-19 page https://tech.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP's culture and our full set of values.