Digital Product Owner
In 2022, Edward Jones invested $1 billion in technology infrastructure, digital initiatives, and virtual business enablement tools. We're currently in the test and learn phase and are looking for talented, motivated professionals, that want to be part of this transformational journey. Cloud-based architecture and modern technical capabilities will enable us to grow our impact while providing the best client experience possible.
The Enterprise Computing Services department at Edward Jones is responsible for providing foundational infrastructure services (Compute Engineering, Storage & Data Protection, Infrastructure Automation) that enable the Digital Environment. Responsible for continuous evolution of Infrastructure components to maintain alignment with Digital Strategy and continuous maturity of our process and procedures to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of our offerings. You will be challenged to bring a fresh perspective that helps further align and mature our products in line with the overall Digital Strategy.
We are currently seeking a Digital Product Owner to help align our products with other product offerings to ensure the best-in-class Infrastructure as well as continuous enablement of internal product teams through expanded self service offerings.
What You'll Do…
- The Digital Product owner servers as the individual accountable for multiple systems and technologies, leading a multi-disciplinary and cross-divisional product team to deliver value to internal teams.
- Reporting to the Department Leader, this individual aligns strategy to execution through the development and maintenance of a product roadmap, outlining the body of work expected now, next and into the future.
- This work includes the management of system plans and supporting artifacts encompassing resources needs, stakeholder solution requirements, dependencies, timelines, milestones, and success criteria as necessary to deliver on the promised value.
- Success in this role requires depth and breadth of subject matter experts inside and outside of the product, as well as foundational understanding of Product Management and Design Thinking, and the ability to expand these capabilities within the organization.
- This individual will additionally advise and align with adjacent product teams, maintain currency and capacity reporting, develop reporting to track product velocity through KPI's in line with product teams, and ensure a consistent and cohesive progression of the department's strategy.
What you'll need..
- 3+ years of experience required in one or more of these fields:
- Digital product and/or Agile product management
- Development and management of Compute and Storage technologies
- Automation/Orchestration and Process Optimization
- ITIL and ITSM experience (certifications a plus)
- Prior formal leadership experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of various Storage and Data Protection technologies and vendors:
- Disaster Recovery/Redundancy/Resiliency
- Knowledge of various Compute technologies
- VMWare and ESX
- Server Hardware
- Windows Server
- Linux Server
- Disaster Recovery/Redundancy/Resiliency
- Knowledge of automation tools and standards:
- Ansible Tower
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies as they relate to and align to on-prem solutions
- Private and Public
- Product orientation with a strong sense of ownership
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail orientation with strong analytical capabilities
- Ability to overcome ambiguity and deliver results
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to delegate and direct work in a way that maximizes both personal and team efficiency
- Teamwork/collaboration mindset with the ability to work with stakeholders throughout the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management information systems, computer science, or a related field; or equivalent working experience
- 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2022, published Fortune July 2022, Great Places to Work® data as of March 2022. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones was recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Millennials by Great Places to Work® and Fortune® magazine. The privately held firm ranked No. 2 overall, in its fourth appearance on the list.
- 2022 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, published September 2022, research by Great Places to Work®, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones has been named to the 2022 Best Workplaces for Women list by Great Places to Work® and Fortune® magazine, ranking No. 45.
- 2022 Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For, published April 2022, research by Great Place to Work®, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- For the 23rd time, Edward Jones has earned a spot on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® ranking by Great Places to Work® and Fortune® magazine. Edward Jones ranked No. 35 on the prestigious 2022 list.
- 2022 Best Places to Work For LGBTQ+ Equality, Great Place to Work® in partnership with Human Rights Campaign Foundation, published Equity Magazine January 2022, data as of July 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones scored 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) the nation's foremost benchmarking survey and report measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+ workplace equality. The ranking designated Jones as one of the best places to work for LGBTQ+Equality.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate: