Team Leader - Problem Management
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Team Overview :
In 2022, Edward Jones invested $ 1 billion in technology infrastructure, digital initiatives, and virtual business enablement tools. We're currently in the test and learn phase and are looking for talented, motivated professionals, that want to be part of this transformational journey. Cloud-based architecture and modern technical capabilities will enable us to grow our impact while providing the best client experience possible.
What you'll do:
As a Leader of the Problem Management team, you will be accountable for leading a team and ensuring the overall success of all root cause investigations on all major and highly impacting incidents at Edward Jones, while adhering to ITIL based problem management processes. Working in a team and collaborative environment, the problem manager role is key to not only identifying and understanding why incidents occurred, but over also overseeing the successful implementation of process and technology solutions to prevent re-occurrences of major incidents.
Here are a few of the key responsibilities you will be a part of :
- Lead, oversee, and execute all functions and tasks that are critical to the overall success of the Problem Management area
- Create and communicate status updates on all open Problem Records
- Own and manage the Root Cause investigation for all problems throughout the Problem Management Lifecyle for all Major Incidents.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and scribe all problem review meetings.
- Reviews existing Problem tickets and work with teams to prioritize the problems for resolution
- Review all Major Incidents to identify patterns and similarities to aide in the root cause investigation
- Maintain data accuracy and completeness of all work associated to a problem within ServiceNow
- Partner with SMEs across our engineering, operations, development, and projects teams
- Ensure corrective actions identified and assigned to various teams are completed within agreed timelines
- Draft problem summaries for all completed and finalized problems with effective, efficient communication to our leadership
- Conduct research and root cause analysis of incidents, suggest temporary solutions when necessary, and develop final solutions for known errors
What you need :
- Bachelor’s degree and/or related work experience
- 5+ years of combined experience with problem management and ITIL service management implementation including :
- Working knowledge and experience within ServiceNow.
- Experience working in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Working knowledge on how to identify and classify problems, investigate, and diagnose problems, raise known errors using one or more methods for determining root cause such as 5 Whys, Fishbone, Brainstorming, etc.
- Experience with problem detection and determination skills in multiple functional infrastructure/application areas
- 5+ years of broad technical experience with proven expertise in a majority of the following areas:
- servers, networks, hardware, operating systems (Windows, Linux, Kubernetes), virtualization software, middleware and related base build infrastructure and software.
- ITIL 4 Foundation certification
What could set you apart :
- Experience working in the financial services industry or other similar, highly regulated environment
- Experience and subject matter expertise in the web, distributed computing or cloud environment, as well as mainframe experience
- Experience with troubleshooting cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience with Splunk, Dynatrace, Grafana, or similar tools within a large enterprise
- 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2022, published Fortune July 2022, Great Places to Work® data as of March 2022. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones was recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Millennials by Great Places to Work® and Fortune® magazine. The privately held firm ranked No. 2 overall, in its fourth appearance on the list.
- 2022 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, published September 2022, research by Great Places to Work®, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones has been named to the 2022 Best Workplaces for Women list by Great Places to Work® and Fortune® magazine, ranking No. 45.
- 2022 Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For, published April 2022, research by Great Place to Work®, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- For the 23rd time, Edward Jones has earned a spot on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® ranking by Great Places to Work® and Fortune® magazine. Edward Jones ranked No. 35 on the prestigious 2022 list.
- 2022 Best Places to Work For LGBTQ+ Equality, Great Place to Work® in partnership with Human Rights Campaign Foundation, published Equity Magazine January 2022, data as of July 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones scored 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) the nation's foremost benchmarking survey and report measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+ workplace equality. The ranking designated Jones as one of the best places to work for LGBTQ+Equality.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate: