Solution Architect, Data
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world's largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries. The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world's largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment 'Our Way to Serve,' Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
The Data Architect is expected to provide guidance and advocacy across IT leadership and other business stakeholders to prioritize digital requirements and designing tactical and strategic technical solutions
** This position has the option to be a remote opportunity **
- Design and implement Data Architecture, Data Quality, and Data Governance across Bridgestone
- Define data modeling standards and best practices
- Develop and evangelize data quality standards and practices
- Establish data governance processes, procedures, policies, and guidelines to maintain the integrity and security of the data leveraging cloud (e.g., AWS and Azure) solutions
- Drive the successful adoption of organizational data utilization and self-serviced data platforms
- Create and maintain critical data standards and metadata that allows data to be understood and leveraged as a shared asset
- Develop standards and write template codes for sourcing, collecting, and transforming data for streaming or batch processing data
- Design data schemas, object models, and flow diagrams to structure, store, process, and integrate data
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for data management.
- Implement and manage industry best practices and processes, such as Data Lakes, Cloud Data Platforms, Data Governance platforms etc.
- Translate analytics requirements into data models that will operate at a large scale with high performance and guiding the data analytics engineers on the data models
- Create templates and implement processes for the design and analysis of data models, data flows, and integration
- Lead and mentor Data and Analytics team members in best practices, processes and technologies in Data platforms
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent degree
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in Data Warehouse, Data Integration , Data Modeling & Reporting.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in deploying and ensuring production readiness of Data platforms and applications in AWS and Azure.
- Hands-on experience working with: Big Data technologies, Relational/SQL and distributed columnar data stores/NoSQL databases.
- Understand metadata and data governance
- Fluent in structured and unstructured data, its management, and modern data transformation methodologies
- Extensive experience in understanding a variety of complex business use cases and modeling the data in the data warehouse
- Experience in designing and developing API data Integration
- Knowledge of general tools, such as development tooling (e.g., Visual Studio, Git, & GitHub)
- Familiar with a variety of software patterns and principles
- Highly skilled in SQL, Python, AWS S3, Azure Storage account, Redshift, Airflow, and similar AWS and Azure based data services
- Knowledge of infrastructure requirements, such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization with Hands-on AWS or Azure experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams
- Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Data Warehousing, Data Science, and Big Data related technologies.
- A good understanding of distributed systems and container-based development using cloud native solutions, such as; Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, Azure Container Apps, etc.
- Deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience in working in large teams using CI/CD and agile methodologies
- Following certifications preferred but not required:
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Enterprise Data Analyst Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Customer Data Platform Specialty
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- AWS Certified Data Analytics – Specialty
- AWS Certified Database – Specialty
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional
Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years of experience; or equivalent work experience
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.