Director, Product Development
ADP is hiring a Director, Product Development
- Are you empathetic to client needs and inspired by transformation and impacting the lives of millions of people every day?
- Are you an inspiring leader who people have followed and worked for over and over again?
- Are you looking to join a dynamic, inclusive team environment with a culture of collaboration and belonging?
Well, this may be the role for you. Ready to design what's next?
In this role, you will be responsible for leading the development, evolution and delivery of our ERP Integrations strategy as well as Platform. You would work with our proprietary as well as industry leading Human Capital Management providers to develop innovative ways of B2B integrations which is at the core of our business. With your work you would enable employers and HCM Practitioners across North America to thrive in delivering great value to millions of employees. You will be responsible for overall platform and technology strategy, software engineering, quality, release governance, process improvement, risk mitigation, budget management, platform performance, and building a world class team. You will lead teams of talented engineers and interface with product managers, architects, DevOps, QA, support and other engineering teams to deliver strategic value for the organization. As an energetic Technical Leader, you'll take ownership of the platform roadmap and motivate, focus the organization to deliver strong results. Your technology and leadership background will enable you to appreciate the implications of key architectural, investment, and prioritization decisions.
No two days are the same as you work with your team, business leaders, and project management to understand our next wave of work. To thrive in this role, you'll need to bring an engineering mindset to be excited by complex problems, identify the opportunities and craft creative solutions. With proven success in building and delivering highly scalable global customer portals, you will lead the transformation and build out of solutions using best-in-call architectural frameworks, cloud technologies and customer centric mindset. You would use your solid understanding of service oriented architectural patterns to develop distributed systems and highly available services. You are a programmer and an architect at heart with proficiency in more than one programming languages such as Java and Python. You have experience leading full stack development teams with ability to own the overall outcome of big initiatives. Our best developers are enthusiastic creators who stay current on new codes. Like our best developers, you are an enthusiastic creator eager to learn. You strive to learn new technologies and find ways to incorporate what you learn into building your products.
You're a passionate leader focused on engagement as well as results, and you're not afraid to roll your sleeves up and dive into the code when necessary. As part of our team, you'll find exciting challenges, get opportunities to grow your career, and develop solid friendships as we design what's next for ADP and the industry. Pace should not scare you. We still find time for a healthy dose of fun.
Like what you see? Apply now!
Learn more about ADP at tech.adp.com/careers
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. ADP has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a global Best Places to Work, DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. Learn more about ADP's commitment on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
What You'll Do
Here's what you can expect on a typical day:
- You'll start each day with a scrum, working in a team to understand responsibilities, identify issues, and communicate coding priorities while choosing user stories to complete. You must know Agile well.
- Your 7 or more years of team leadership have delivered amazing results, and you pride yourself on developing the people who work for you, as well as providing an inclusive team environment where they all can thrive. If asked, they would follow you anywhere and enthusiastically credit you with helping to grow their careers.
- Working in two-week sprints, you must keep up with timelines and coding standards. You'll be looking ahead to the next coding criteria to build technically sound and functional tools.
- Continuous Learning. An eagerness to learn will help you keep up with ever-changing technologies and maintain the ability to create the best tools for our clients. You are comfortable and thrive in an autonomous role since that will be essential for your success.
- You'll work with business leadership and project management to understand priorities and create automation accordingly.
- You will present and defend your team's approach to leadership. There is no typical day as you partner and work with people across the development organization to turn ideas into reality.
- You have 12+ years of experience in relevant skills gained and developed in the same or similar role.
- Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects with significant bottom line impact for the customer facing Platform.
- Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities that helps them succeed in their business goals.
- Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Project management: prioritization, planning of projects and features, stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
- Operational Excellence: monitoring & operation of production services
- Career management and development of direct reports
- Proven experience delivering large scale, highly available production software in cloud.
- Expert level knowledge and experience in Micro-service architecture and troubleshooting.
- You have demonstrated experience in Product Development in an enterprise environment with Java or Python
- Technologies including Serverless, Kubernetes, Non-relational databases, CI/CD and Testing methodologies.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated strength at leading all phases of the Product Lifecycle - from setting the vision to roadmap planning, requirements capture, project definition, execution, and operational excellence.
- Metrics driven engineering culture and pays attention to tracking KPI's to meet the outcomes.
- Experience designing, developing large scale financial portal with relentless focus on client experience and quality.
- Experience in developing, promoting, articulating the product/technology strategy to executives.
- Career journey that includes roles specifically within software delivery (development, testing, architecture) where deployment leveraged cloud/container.
You'll Love Working Here Because You Can
- Have courageous team collaboration. Courage comes from how associates are willing to have difficult conversations, speak up, be an owner, and challenge one another's ideas to net out the best solution.
- Deliver at epic scale. We deliver real user outcomes using strong judgment and good instincts. We're obsessed with the art of achieving simplicity with a focus on client happiness and productivity.
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen, stay agile, and learn from mistakes.
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to leading change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us. We are hands-on and willing to master our craft.
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients and our community and humbly give back to the community where we live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADP's Philanthropic Foundation.
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Find out why people come to ADP and why they stay: https://youtu.be/ODb8lxBrxrY
(ADA version: https://youtu.be/IQjUCA8SOoA )
Base salary offers for this position may vary based on factors such as location, skills, and relevant experience. Some positions may include additional compensation in the form of bonus, equity, or commissions. If you are a full-time salaried or hourly worker, we offer the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Matched 401(k), Student Loan Repayment Program, Wellness Program, Short-and Long-Term Disability, Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Paid Volunteer Time Off, and more.
The Salary Range for this role is $106,400 to $ 272,400/Year
Explore our COVID-19 page https://tech.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP's culture and our full set of values.