DIRECTOR, CLOUD ENGINEERING
Director – Cloud Engineering – Network
Grade - For internal purposes - 13
S&P Dow Jones Indices is seeking a Director,AWS, Cloud Engineering to be a key player in the Infrastructure Engineering team to manage the systems administration of AWS Cloud environment used for running index applications. This role requires a seasoned engineer who works effectively, both independently as well as collaboratively, in a team environment.
The candidate will build solutions to manage AWS Cloud Infrastructure resource provisioning and administration for our index applications. As part of the core S&PDJI Technology team, the candidate will have the opportunity to work on innovative technologies, work closely with Index business stakeholders and participate in formulating the technology strategy to support & grow the Index business.
- Design, implement, and support the network infrastructure for SPDJI’s real-time infrastructure.
- Design, engineer, implement network solutions in AWS Cloud based on requirements from business stakeholders
- Manage strategic projects to implement and optimize low latency, high-performance network solutions at and between various data center locations
- Work with exchanges and vendors to implement network connectivity in shared colocation facilities
- Carry out high-level analysis and troubleshooting of the network infrastructure
- Respond to network requests, troubleshoot network failures to diagnose, isolate and resolve complex problems ensuring timely results and minimal disruption of operations
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including patches and hotfixes to address vendor bugs and vulnerabilities
- Monitor system resource utilization, historical trends, and perform capacity planning
- Provide technical knowledge needed to ensure safe, effective, and efficient changes to the network infrastructure
- Engineer network solutions in AWS and establish connectivity to data centers.
Skill and experience
- Proven track record in setting up and configuring low latency network infrastructure.
- Familiarity with infiniband and other low latency network solutions
- Experience with MPLS, VPNaaS, Routing
- Experience setting up Proxy, Firewalls
- Experience working with AWS Direct Connect, AWS Transit Gateway, VPC, SG, Route 53
- Experience working with AWS Shield and WAF, Akamai KONA WAF
- Solid knowledge of multicast and real-time exchange market data feeds
- Ability to troubleshoot network latency and packet drop issues
- Hands-on experience with network monitoring, diagnostic and analytics tools
- Experience with physical planning, implementing, and supporting space, power, and structured cabling within a data center environment
- Experience with Network Segmentation
- Familiarity with tools like Tuffin, Alkira
- Overall experience of 12+ years with Network infrastructure, 4+ years with AWS
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $100,800 to $230,200. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is not eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires.
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We’re the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com.
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy (“the Policy”) that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy’s requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Please note that S&P Global is a federal contractor, and in keeping with the US Government’s federal contractor vaccine mandate, the company plans to require all employees in the US to be fully vaccinated if and when such requirements becomes enforceable. S&P Global will also follow other state and local vaccine requirements which may apply.