Cloud Incident Response Technical Architect
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
The Cloud Incident Response Technical Architect is part of the team that is responsible for providing 24/7 real-time monitoring of the firm's cloud security posture within Azure, AWS, and CGPT. The selected candidate will operate as a technical lead for the Incident Response function at Edward Jones and as an escalation point for the Threat Response team. The Threat Response team responds to alerts on activity in our cloud environments and investigates those accordingly, escalating where appropriate.
What You'll Do:
- Operate as an expert in Incident Response across cloud environments with expertise in both the technical and procedural aspects of the role
- Responsible for continued process maturity and execution around incident identification, documentation, remediation and tracking for all cloud services
- Must be able to solve technical challenges in critical situations that require immediate resolution
- Help to design, document & train the team on the overall processes and process flows for the SOC/Incident Response function across cloud environments
- Work with the Cyber Threat Intelligence, Threat Detection, and Engineering teams to build comprehensive processes across all teams
- Help to build a metrics portfolio that represents the functional, risk, and threat aspects of the team and the work they do.
- Ensure compliance to published Information Security policies and standards
- Provide security services that align with business objectives and regulatory requirements
- Develop relationships with external security organizations to maintain awareness of security issues and trends
- Escalation point for real-time security alerts and events
- Responsible for leading and perform highly confidential and complex digital investigations promptly to fully understand and articulate what activity occurred
- Review work from junior analysts and provide feedback for growth
- Review and ensure QA of team member submissions and ensure they are complete and accurate, as well as meet required audit, regulatory, and legal reporting requirements
- Generate reports around security events and metrics
- Maintain deep knowledge and understanding of the Edward Jones tech stack and changes that may impact analytic capabilities
- Work with platform owners to identify telemetry required to support in-depth analysis and investigations
- Maintain deep knowledge and understanding of the threat landscape, emerging security threats, and vulnerabilities
What Experience You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems or related field preferred; or equivalent related work experience
- Minimum of 10 years Information Systems Security experience, with at least 5 years in a SOC or working in Incident Response/Handling/Management and 3 in a cloud environment
- Experience with the creation of Incident Management and Response processes, and the technologies to support them (EDR, SIEM, SOAR, etc)
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of security issues, risks, concepts and terminology
- Proficiency in understanding security aspects of computer platforms and technologies (e.g., Linux, UNIX, MVS, Windows, Web, LDAP, DBMS, Network, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Authentication)
- Experience with log analysis from multiple sources (e.g. firewall, IDS, proxy, authentication, endpoints, etc) to identify and investigate anomalies and potential security events
- Experience with packet-level analysis (e.g., Wireshark, tcpdump, tshark) and knowledge of TCP/IP protocols (OSI layers 3-7) for investigating network traffic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to describe security event details and technical analysis
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are needed to prioritize tasks and serve as a leader for enterprise security initiatives
- 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2022, published Fortune July 2022, Great Places to Work® data as of March 2022. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones was recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Millennials by Great Places to Work® and Fortune® magazine. The privately held firm ranked No. 2 overall, in its fourth appearance on the list.
- 2022 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, published September 2022, research by Great Places to Work®, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones has been named to the 2022 Best Workplaces for Women list by Great Places to Work® and Fortune® magazine, ranking No. 45.
- 2022 Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For, published April 2022, research by Great Place to Work®, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- For the 23rd time, Edward Jones has earned a spot on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® ranking by Great Places to Work® and Fortune® magazine. Edward Jones ranked No. 35 on the prestigious 2022 list.
- 2022 Best Places to Work For LGBTQ+ Equality, Great Place to Work® in partnership with Human Rights Campaign Foundation, published Equity Magazine January 2022, data as of July 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones scored 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) the nation's foremost benchmarking survey and report measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+ workplace equality. The ranking designated Jones as one of the best places to work for LGBTQ+Equality.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate: