Asst Dir-Software Engineer (remote or hybrid)
Catylist is a fully remote team at Moody’s Analytics focused on organizing the world’s commercial real estate data. We use this information to help all kinds of people make better decisions, whether that means finding the perfect office space or understanding the potential impacts of climate change on their manufacturing facility or shopping center. We’re always looking for interesting ways to connect data and solve real-life problems.
- Our team includes about a dozen full-stack developers.
- We care about culture, and many of us have worked together for over a decade.
- We use a microservices architecture and practice continuous integration.
- We host everything from AWS and believe in infrastructure-as-code.
- We're not dogmatic about our tools/technologies – we use whatever best suits the task at hand.
- We communicate mainly via GitLab, Slack, and Zoom, but try to get everybody together in person a couple times a year (retreats & conferences).
We have big goals planned for the coming years and could really use your help.
Role / Responsibilities
We’re looking for a talented developer who’s at home in the codebase. As a senior engineer, you’ll have the flexibility to contribute on both the front-end and back-end all across the stack:
- Designing and implementing frameworks and re-usable software components.
- Owning projects from start to finish, collaborating with others on the team and pushing code daily.
- Developing standards and conventions, mentoring other developers and reviewing code.
- Finding and fixing inefficiencies in code or process and working to make the team better every day.
- This isn’t your first rodeo – you have significant (7+ years) production experience building scalable web applications and APIs hosted in a Cloud environment.
- You have solid experience with ReactJS, including functional components and hooks.
- You have solid experience writing enterprise-level application back-ends or APIs in an object-oriented language like Java.
- You have a practical understanding of both the benefits and pitfalls of a microservices architecture.
- You’re a quick study, stay up with the latest-and-greatest ideas, and enjoy learning new things.
- You believe in the mantra: "strong opinions, weakly held".
- You’re an excellent communicator (with and without emoji).
- You value stability, work/life balance, group decision-making, and working with people that are good-natured, open-minded, interesting, hard-working, and self-motivated.
- You’re looking for a family to join for the long term, not a stepping stone toward another gig.
Moody’s Analytics products are becoming an essential tool in the rapidly expanding Commercial Real Estate market. We deliver an integrated and holistic platform that automates critical processes and generates insights and recommendations to drive better decisions. Lenders, asset managers and brokers are some of our biggest customers. Our analytics provide key property performance indicators, research, and risk assessment, giving our customers a good understanding of their future cashflows. We have a team of brokerage and lending solutions experts as well as passionate sales, marketing and technology professionals who constantly strive to add value to our customers’ experience.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody’s also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities or based on a sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
This position may be considered a promotional opportunity, pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
Moody’s is a developmental culture where we value candidates who are willing to grow. So, if you are excited about this opportunity but don’t meet every single requirement, please apply! You may be a perfect fit for this role or other open roles.
Moody's is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions.
At Moody’s, we’re taking action. We’re hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We’re educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity
For US-based roles only: the anticipated hiring base salary range for this position is $94,600 to $156,150, depending on factors such as experience, education, level, skills, and location. This range is based on a full-time position. In addition to base salary, this role is eligible for incentive compensation. Moody’s also offers a competitive benefits package, including not but limited to medical, dental, vision, parental leave, paid time off, a 401(k) plan with employee and company contribution opportunities, life, disability, and accident insurance, a discounted employee stock purchase plan, and tuition reimbursement.