Application Systems Administrator
Shamrock Trading Corporation is the parent company for a family of brands in transportation services, finance and technology. Headquartered in Overland Park, KS, Shamrock has regularly been named “Best Places to Work” by the Kansas City Business Journal. We also have offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Ft. Lauderdale, Laredo, Midland, Nashville and Phoenix.
With an average annual revenue growth of 25% over several decades, Shamrock’s success is attributed to three key factors: hiring the best people, cultivating long-term relationships with our customers and continually evolving in the marketplace.
The successful candidate for this role will serve as the subject matter expert for the technology stack supporting critical business applications as well as the business applications themselves. The primary focus of the role is to provide maximum uptime and performance for the business application through proper design, implementation and operational duties. A strong desire and ability to learn will be important to succeed in this role.
- Gain in-depth understanding of the business application and technology architecture, as well as business processes as they relate to the application.
- Take a lead role in the design of systems supporting the business application, including the operating system, database, network connectivity and integrations.
- Implement monitoring of the health and performance of the application; respond to alerts generated.
- Improve performance of business applications and systems.
- Perform proactive application maintenance such as patching.
- Implement new versions of the application and its systems.
- Build automations around the business application.
- Work with the IT Support Services team to resolve application issues beyond their scope.
- Work closely with Product Owners to understand business unit needs and priorities.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for application/systems alert response.
- Serve as primary point of contact with the vendor of the application.
- Experience as a Systems Administrator.
- Basic SQL knowledge.
- Experience with RemoteApp deployments and troubleshooting.
- Experience managing business applications.
- Must possess a high degree of analytical thinking.
- Strong team collaboration skills.
- Ability to quickly learn both application and systems knowledge in depth.
- Experience with McLeod TMS, FactorSoft and/or Great Plains administration.
- Freight Brokerage experience.
- EDI support or development experience.
- Experience building automations either through Powershell or through low-code tooling.
- Experience working with cloud and 3rd party providers such as AWS.
At Shamrock we hire bright, ambitious people and give them the tools they need to be successful. By investing in training and development, we hope to become a long-term career for employees, where there are always opportunities for advancement. Shamrock also offers a premier set of benefits for employees and their families:
- Medical: Fully paid healthcare, dental and vision premiums for employees and eligible dependents
- Work-Life Balance: Competitive PTO and paid leave policies
- Financial: Generous company 401(k) contributions and employee stock ownership after one year
- Wellness: Onsite gym, jogging trail and discounted membership to nearby fitness center