Senior Systems Administrator - High Performance Computing
We’re hiring an experienced Systems Administrator to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is a world leader in digital chemistry, routinely utilizing thousands of GPUs and tens of those CPUs. We have a long history of outstanding work in high performance computing, including twice setting world records for scale of computations performed in AWS.
As a member of our High Performance Computing team, you’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of Schrödinger’s IT strategy. In partnership with the Director and Chief Information Officer, you’ll play a hands-on role in developing company practices that support our on-prem and cloud HPC clusters, creating a world-class experience for our employees who depend on them for their daily activities. This work is key in our effort to help scientists accelerate research and development activities, reduce costs, and make novel discoveries that wouldn’t otherwise be possible. We’re looking to hire someone with a solid competency in the high performance computing field, who also understands how to be a leader amongst his peers.
Who Will Love This Job
- An excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills
- A motivated leader who values teamwork and initiative
- An analytical thinker who understands modern technologies and tools in HPC
- A trailblazer who navigates Agile methodologies with discernment
What You’ll Do
- Bring technical leadership skills to a small team of seasoned veterans
- Work with IT senior leadership to establish and execute team goals
- Communicate with the Director of IT and work within the larger IT team to prioritize and plan projects
- Collaborate with scientific and technical groups and leaders across the company to develop and deploy HPC resources and methodologies
- Identify and execute on innovations and improvements
- Coach and mentor junior team members
What You’ll Need
- At least five years of hands-on experience in an agile environment
- Deep familiarity with the inner workings of high performance computer clusters, including job scheduling and resource management (Slurm experience a plus)
- Understanding of HPC in cloud environments
- Experience with terraform, ansible, automation, and infrastructure as code
Pay And Perks
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Estimated base salary range: $100,000 - $150,000. Actual compensation package is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, experience, education, degrees held, market data, and business needs. If you have any questions regarding the compensation for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Strategic Growth team.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.