Technology Manager- Global Digital
Description & Requirements
Technology Manager- Global Digital
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
The Global Digital Technology organization is seeking a talented team leader that will oversee development team(s) working to deliver lululemon’s web experiences. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring the success of your team and will proactively identify the most high-value deliverables. By partnering closely with cross functional teams, you will help manage project scope and ensure stakeholder expectations are managed and met. Your experience building production systems in cloud-native and hybrid environments where “automation” and “Infrastructure as Code” are guiding principles will enable you to guide teams and partners toward best practices allowing progress to be made quickly and sustainably.
You are an independent manager who is comfortable managing team members with different skill sets from your own and you can communicate expectations clearly to all team members and the business. In addition to strong management skills, you act as a leader for the technical roadmap for your team and you communicate timeline, scope and risks to partners and stakeholders leading the delivery of major initiatives on clear timelines. You identify areas of strategic technical debt, do the cost/benefit analysis for resolving this debt and communicate suggested timelines for prioritizing this to the management team.
- Lead a team of developers across multiple work streams simultaneously
- Adjust process and timeline to ensure that high quality deliverables are produced
- Ensure your team produces software that is monitorable and maintainable
- Ensure the right skills are being used to solve the right problems across your team
- Guide teams toward best practices and be able to participate in code reviews when needed
- Identify and remove roadblocks to success
- Hire/train/cultivate expertise in micro-services (python), micro-frontends, and AWS cloud
- Ensure and maintain code quality controls using modern IaC, CI/CD, and testing tools
Required Skills, Experience
- 5+ years of experience of technology engineering leadership. Experience must include working on large, enterprise projects to track and manage architecture and engineering resources in a complex and matrixed (5+ engineering teams) engineering delivery organization.
- Deep familiarity with web platform and its technical underpinnings
- Ability to work comfortably across browser and server environments, full stack.
- Comfortable working in complex and large-scale production environments
- Prior experience in the retail and or ecommerce industry (Desired).
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to work cross functionally and communicate effectively to senior leadership at the company. Applicable experience included, driving program reviews, providing input to planning, and adjusting project timelines to ensure deliverables are met.
- Must have experience leading technology teams applied to a range (3+) of consumer-facing product streams concurrently. Deliverables must include resource allocation of engineers, tracking engineering KPI's across multiple delivery teams, design and prioritize development roadmaps and investment priorities, and driving coordination with technology and business managers.
- Experience working with Technology Directors and Managers. Applicable experience included, driving program reviews, providing input to planning, and adjusting project timelines to ensure deliverables are met.
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
- Desire to excel and succeed
- Actively live and breathe the lululemon culture and lifestyle
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-improvement (goal –oriented)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
- Self-motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!
Compensation And Benefits Package
For Washington Applicants: lululemon’s compensation offerings are rooted in a pay-for-performance philosophy that recognizes exceptional individual and team performance. The typical hiring range for this position in Washington is from $ 141,400-$175,600 annually ; the base pay offered is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity. As part of our competitive Total Rewards offering, permanent employees in this position may be eligible for our competitive annual bonus offering, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. In addition to our competitive Total Rewards offering, we also have personal and professional development offerings. Our offerings recognize our teams for their performance and support whole person development, including support for employees on how to grow their career:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: Availability of the incentive programs, benefits, and perks may be subject to your location & employment type and may have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.