Software Engineer III - AWS
As an Software Engineer III in the JADE Strategic Big Data Platform Engineering team of the Chief Technology Office at JPMorgan Chase, you serve as a seasoned member of an agile team to design and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. You are responsible for carrying out critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm's business objectives.
- This is a software engineering role which will require you to apply your knowledge of modern cloud architecture and software engineering skills to design and develop cloud platform solutions that enable big data applications migrate to public cloud and work with our partners to get these solutions integrated into the existing platform offerings
- The work will range from enabling new cloud data platforms such as Cloudera Data Platform (PaaS) and enhancing existing offering, product features which will enable line of business application teams to migrate applications to public cloud
- Teamwork, self-improvement, learning, and experimentation are central to being successful in this role
- Collaborate with teams in multiple regions and time zones
- Participate in scrum team stand-ups, code reviews and other ceremonies, contribute to task completion and blocker resolution within your team
- Handle critical and time sensitive concurrent tasks with supervision and properly escalate situations as appropriate
- Maintain technical acumen by pursuing formal and informal learning opportunities about technology, JPMorgan Chase products, and financial services
Required Qualifications, Capabilities, And Skills
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in building/implementing cloud platforms/applications on AWS
- Expertise in AWS Compute (EC2, EMR), AWS Storage (S3, EBS), AWS Databases (RDS, DynamoDB)
- Good understanding of AWS Identify and Access management, AWS Networking and AWS Monitoring tools
- Proficiency in Cloud infrastructure provisioning tools e.g., Terraform, Cloud formation
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages e.g., Python, Java
- Proficiency in CI/CD and deployment automation, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Spinnaker
- Demonstrated knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., cloud)
Preferred Qualifications, Capabilities, And Skills
- AWS and Terraform certification is a plus
- Familiarity with Big Data tools & technologies
- Familiarity building Cloud Data Platforms using AWS services/Snowflake/Databricks/Cloudera Data Platform (CDP)
- Experience in migrating Big Data applications to AWS
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans