Principal Cloud Engineer, Cloud Platform
We are looking for a passionate, self-motivated Infrastructure Engineer with strong Kubernetes, infrastructure, security and governance fundamentals to help enable our journey to the cloud! In this role, you will join our talented team of engineers, designing and building the foundation that propels our business to harness the power of cloud.
This position can be located in Boston, Merrimack, Raleigh, Smithfield and Westlake.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring (The order of these bullets does not matter)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technology related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.)
- 8+ years of software engineering experience
- Certifications preferred: Kubernetes Application Developer, Kubernetes Security Specialist, AWS Solutions Architect
- Passion for excellence, automation, innovation and collaboration
- Eager to learn new technologies, ways of working, and to adapt every day.
- Bring curiosity and a questioning mind-set to work, injecting new points of view to the team
- Ability to triage, execute root cause analysis, and be decisive under pressure
- Ability to creatively solve new, interesting problems in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups, both in person and virtually, in a constructive and collaborative manner and build and maintain effective relationships
- Proven ability to work across organizations, building consensus and driving consistency
- Track record of leading and delivering complex technology solutions
- Ability to act confidently and cautiously in break-the-glass production scenarios to resolve customer outages
- Experience with containers and container orchestration
- Experience with the Kubernetes ecosystem
- Solid understanding/experience of cloud networking, virtualization, storage, containers, and serverless
- Solid understanding of cloud IAM controls and policies
- Experience with network security controls (host and perimeter based firewalls)
- Experience with Helm Charts
- Experience with Linux servers, preferably with a systems administration focus
- Ability to automate with various scripting languages (Python, Shell scripting, etc…)
- Hands-on experience building and deploying applications using a public cloud environment, preferably AWS
- Experience managing systems using infrastructure as code tools (CloudFormation, Ansible, Terraform, ARM, …)
- Understanding of versioning and release practices (SCM), code collaboration practices (Git)
- Proficiency with CI/CD tools, especially Jenkins
- Experience with Enterprise IT asset management or other related practices
- Experience defining and executing a comprehensive cloud reliability and observability strategy, ensuring that cloud systems are always available when needed.
- Ability to solve stack-wide engineering issues related to hardware, software, network, applications and cloud service providers.
Our Cloud Engineering team collaborates with our architects to design and build our foundational cloud components and frameworks. Through innovation and engineering excellence, we forge the path to harness the power of the cloud for all of Asset Management’s engineers.
At Fidelity, we are passionate about making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want! We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com. Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to complete the application or interview process. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2 if you would like to request an accommodation.
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Colorado only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in New York City, Westchester County, NY and Jersey City, NJ only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in California only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Washington only:
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working”. Most associates will have a hybrid schedule with a requirement to work onsite at a Fidelity work location for at least one week, 5 consecutive days, every four weeks. These requirements are subject to change.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.