Senior Cloud Engineer
Who We Are
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.
This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day.
SiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM’s platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment and podcasts. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM's subsidiaries Stitcher, Simplecast and AdsWizz make it a leader in podcast hosting, production, distribution, analytics and monetization. The Company’s advertising sales organization, which operates as SXM Media, leverages its scale, cross-platform sales organization and ad tech capabilities to deliver results for audio creators and advertisers. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers.
How You’ll Make An Impact
The Platform Engineering team is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer to help architect, manage, and evangelize a new AWS-based platform for immediate use across SiriusXM’s Technology org. The perfect candidate has extensive experience in architecting, migrating, and modernizing applications to use public cloud services securely and cost-effectively. As a senior member of Platform Engineering, this person will be a trusted advisor to application and infrastructure teams, helping to develop architectural guidance and patterns for cloud-native applications. They will contribute to the strategic planning and implementation of enterprise initiatives and must be capable of communicating enterprise cloud strategy and influencing stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have both a business background that enables them to interact effectively at the executive level and a technical background to drive implementation efforts.
What You’ll Do
- Promote and facilitate adoption of the enterprise cloud strategy at scale
- Support the implementation of enterprise cloud initiatives, including strategic alignment, design, implementation, automation, production readiness, and documentation
- Design and develop automation solutions for cloud platform management
- Support other teams, work collaboratively with other team members, communicate effectively, and foster team success
- Jump into troubleshooting efforts as needed
What You’ll Need
- 7+ years of relevant cloud/devops/software engineering experience including 2+ years of cloud solution architecture experience or equivalent
- AWS Solution Architect Professional Certification
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, build and convey compelling value propositions and work cross-organizationally to build consensus
- In-depth understanding of deploying applications fully on cloud-native (AWS) services
- Knowledge of foundational infrastructure components - e.g., IP networking, VPNs, DNS, firewalling, IAM/authentication, and load balancing
- Experience developing and deploying large, distributed cloud-hosted systems and the required operational models for stable application availability
- Experience supporting application, operations, and security teams including the ability to provide ongoing architecture and implementation support
- Proven ability to cleanly document, promote, and present your work to other teams and to customers
- Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Hands-on experience with:
- Executing cloud initiatives in a large distributed organization
- Developing and communicating cloud-native architecture patterns
- Designing and implementing cloud-native cost-effective solutions on AWS
- Designing cost-effective multi-region disaster recovery capabilities
- Software Development Lifecycle in an agile environment
- Extra credit:
- Node.JS/Typescript development for cloud automation
- Infrastructure configuration management using CloudFormation and AWS CDK
- IT Service Management and common ITIL frameworks that support comprehensive infrastructure and application operations support models
- Containerization platforms and serverless computing (Docker, AWS ECS, AWS Fargate, AWS Lambda)
- Design, build, and maintenance of CI/CD pipelines and associated tooling (AWS and third-party, esp. GitHub Actions)
- Data service architectures that support management and integration across multiple applications
- Common data lake and data warehouse patterns and tooling
- Common data analytics pipeline patterns and tooling
- Automated DevOps environments and the integration and automation of business processes
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
At SiriusXM, we carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. We expect the base salary for this position to be in the range of $90,000 to $180,000 and will depend on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary short-term and long-term incentives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
Our goal at SiriusXM is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.