Lead Cloud Engineer
Currently, TIAA has a Lead Cloud Engineer role open. This position will be a part of the Public Cloud Engineering team and will work to engineer the core of the cloud services at TIAA as well as engineer the templates needed for new services that application teams require. This is a lead engineering position, and the expectation is that you will be able to lead large scale efforts to onboard applications to the public cloud as well as design architecture around and implement new services to our platform.
This is a hands-on engineering, implementation and support role leveraging Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, and other cloud technologies across our enterprise. This team bridges the gap between development and cyber security by applying a software engineering and architect mindset to complex deployments. Products and/or services you may work with are but not limited to AWS and GCP Native Services, Python, Git, Terraform, Splunk, and Linux.
In addition to technical skills, you should have excellent communication and problem-solving skills, as you will be collaborating closely with members of the SRE team, cyber security, database engineering and other teams across the organization. You should also be comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and be able to adapt to changing priorities and requirements.
Overall, the ideal candidate for this role will be a highly skilled and experienced lead cloud engineer who has a passion for driving reliability and efficiency in our cloud environments.
Key Responsibilities And Duties
- Modify or greenfield deploy cloud infrastructure in a tightly regulated financial services organization.
- Lead technical strategies and engineering efforts while collaborating and delegating to other members both on this team as well as across teams.
- Remediate or assist in the remediation of platform alerts, incidents, or issues.
- Provide support directly to internal stakeholders throughout the enterprise to enable available application solutions that leverage AWS services.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to evolve AWS strategies, project limitations, capabilities performance requirements ad interfaces.
- Provide technical support to internal stakeholders through the ability to analyze, troubleshoot and solve complex technical problems across multiple technical disciplines.
- Provide in-depth software development knowledge with respect to cloud architecture, design patterns and programming.
- Advise and implement AWS and GCP best practices.
- Manage and own all customer migration and on-boarding projects and hands-offs with other internal departments.
- Integrate current technical systems and develop a plan for future systems.
- Assist with estimating work efforts required for each phase of a project.
- Identify and raise technical risks.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- 5+ Years Required; 7+ Years Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- Five (5) years’ experience working in an IT role.
- Two years’ experience working on a Site Reliability Engineering team or a Public Cloud Engineering team.
- Possess a working knowledge of Terraform
- Minimum of Five (5) years’ experience delivering IT projects to a medium/large enterprise.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience with AWS and GCP
- Experience working with Linux and Windows Operating System
- Demonstrated technical expertise in their field, including experience deploying one or more large scale cloud-based systems.
- Knowledge of current cloud architecture, best practices, tools, and frameworks as well as emerging technologies, trends, and processes
- Automation experience that includes Python and some Infrastructure as Code languages
- Experience using automation and CI/CD tools such as cloudforms, terraform, puppet, ansible, Kubernetes, Jenkins, GitHub, Git, Maven, Docker, etc.
- Ability to communicate to a broad range of audiences.
- AWS Professional Certification
- Google Cloud Platform Certification
- Experience with other cloud providers such as MS Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Real-world implementation experience of CI/CD, Automation, and cloud-native services
- An understanding of ITIL practices and procedures as it relates to the cloud.
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
Benefits And Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
Applicant And Desire a Reasonable Accommodation To Complete a Job Application Please Use One Of The Below Options To Contact Our Accessibility Support Team
If you are a U.S.
Phone: (800) 842-2755