ASSOCIATE MANAGER, AE CLOUD ENGINEER
Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Join our winning team of Wave Makers and Go Getters and help us write the next chapter in the SCJ story.
The Associate Manger, AE Cloud Engineer is part of SC Johnson’s Global Solution Delivery (GSD) function within the IT organization, and reports to the Manager - App Engineering (AE). The App Engineering team leads the planning, design, implementation, and stabilization of platforms to support new application and technology solutions in Cloud.
The Cloud Engineer will play a key role in the App Transformation and other Cloud platform initiatives, which includes writing Terraform code and DevOps pipeline to provision cloud resources, security hardening, configuring SSO and other connectivity and access requirement.
As a Cloud Engineer you will have the opportunity to be able to contribute and expand Cloud and DevOps skills across a diverse technology stack and architectures. Current tech-stack deployed and supported by the App Engineering team includes Cloud Datawarehouse, Informatica, Tableau, Power BI, Boomi, Azure functions, Azure Data factory, Logic Apps, etc.
The Cloud Engineer will be the bridge to GTD (Global Technology Delivery), working closely with the Project Managers, Hosting, Network and Security teams to capture the platform requirements and define the deployment approach around SaaS, PaaS and IaaS. He / She will play a key role in maturing SCJ’s Cloud and DevOps capabilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and architect highly efficient, reliable, and scalable platforms hosting Enterprise and Business Managed solutions.
- Successfully deliver Cloud platform for implementation and migration projects in accordance with company security guidelines
- Develop, enhance, and maintain automation of Cloud enablement tools with a high level of resiliency and recoverability.
- Establish best practices and processes for delivery of engineering demand.
- Evaluate and Lead application platform migration from on-prem to cloud
- Partner with Security team to implement platform security hardening and design patterns to improve the security posture
- Proactively assess and remediate platform vulnerabilities
- Working closely with operations to ensure smooth transition of platforms to support, including recommendations for future automation and performance and capacity targets.
- Document and publish new standards and design patterns
- Vendor evaluation as part of the new technology innovation.
- Partner with architecture to refine approaches for monitoring, capacity, and lifecycle management.
- Operationalize disaster recovery solutions.
- Champion the resolution of technically significant issues affecting the platform through personal ownership, coordinate teams, and stakeholders.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related business degree or relevant military experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirements
- 5+ years of experience within an Information Technology
- 1-2 years of experience in Cloud
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Experience in DevOps
- System OS Experience (i.e., Windows, Linux)
- Experience in Infrastructure Automation tools (i.e., Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Strong foundational experience in authentication and authorization protocols and tools such as SAML, Active Directory etc.
- Experience in writing technical requirements and/or design specifications
- Experience on both Agile and Waterfall Project Delivery approach
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to adjust to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Experience working with a Global team.
- Experience managing multiple complex tasks/initiative spanning a variety of technology areas.
- Execution Excellence - the ability to drive and maintain accountability for commitments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with both technical and non-technical team members and stakeholders. Experience presenting to executive leadership.
- Full time
- 0- 5% travel
- Ability to lift 10 – 40 pounds
- Remote work is available once per week for eligible employees
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.