Sr DevOps Coach
We’re looking for passionate DevOps Engineers/Architects/Coaches who can help us transform by driving the adoption of cloud native platforms, software configuration, automation tools/processes and standards. You will also be enabling our teams to adopt and support modern engineering practices and capabilities.
Our roles usually correspond to industry titles like the following:
- DevOps Engineer (Senior/Lead/Principal)
- Dojo Coach (Senior/Lead/Principal)
- Application Developer (Senior/Lead/Principal)
- Cloud Native Engineer (Senior/Lead/Principal)
- Solutions Architect (Senior/Lead/Principal)
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
This list is not comprehensive and there may be other equally valuable skills/experience you bring that are not listed here
You may bring varying degrees of knowledge to the table. Depending on your role, you will likely have experience in several of these areas, but not necessarily all of them.
- Application Development/SDLC/CI/CD
- Build systems such as Azure DevOps, GitHub, Jenkins
- Using modern source control management systems (Git) and branching strategies
- Infrastructure Automation/Cloud
- Developing, managing, and testing Infrastructure as Code with Terraform Enterprise, Ansible or Chef
- Cloud native technologies
- Observability through monitoring tools such as Application Insights, Azure Monitor, DataDog or Dynatrace
- Helping teams adopt modern technology and implement solutions that will enable business objectives
- Guiding our teams to support full end to end automation of software delivery (CI/CD)
- Training and mentoring teams to build solutions and smart developer behaviors (CI/CD/TDD/BDD)
- Driving patterns and practices that will minimize future technical debt
- Critical Thinking/ Involvement
- Solving complex, hands-on challenges and researching solutions when dealing with unknowns
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Min 5 years of working experience work experience as a Software Engineer focused on DevOps practices.
- The candidate must also have development experience with infrastructure as code such as Terraform, Ansible, Ant, or Chef.
- The candidate must have a solid understanding of Azure or AWS Cloud Platforms. The candidate must also have worked with monitoring tools such as DataDog, Azure Monitor and CloudWatch.
- Candidate should have some exposure to automation, orchestration, deployment, and implementation across multiple layers of the stack like ADO Pipelines and GitHub Workflows.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or any other relevant STEM field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Software Engineering and DevOps Engineering.
- PaaS and IaaS technologies
- Knowledge of infrastructure security, platform, authentication, and networking requirements
- Understanding of Agile processes
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure, AWS and on-premise and cloud infrastructure platforms
- Support, administration, and automation of application containerization and Microservices
- Minimum of 1 year in a Coaching role
$82,200.00 - $137,400.00
The posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.