Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Store)
Hims & Hers is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Store Backend Platform team to help build a fast, reliable, and frictionless telemedicine experience. The role will focus mainly within our ecommerce and order management platforms in areas such as product, product catalog, subscriptions, pricing, and payments, building scalable solutions that grow with the company.
- Build backend services that power our telehealth and ecommerce platforms
- Brainstorm features with product managers and designers and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Review code and have your code reviewed
- Mentor and be mentored by other engineers
- Actively participate in retrospectives and help drive continuous improvement in our process and culture
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer, shipping production code
- Proficiency in writing distributed services using Java, Kotlin, and/or PostgreSQL
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- An inclusive culture where we are always looking for improvement and cherish your input
- Great compensation package with equity compensation
- Unlimited PTO (10 holidays off), Mental Health days (1 day off per quarter)
- Generous Parental Leave
- High-coverage medical, dental & vision
- Mental health & wellness benefits
- Offsite team retreats
- Access to Amazon HIMS Store to order any additional equipment to ensure you have the gear you need
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products, and Apple Store
- $75 monthly connectivity stipend (phone/internet)
- 401k Match
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you're excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.