Cloud Systems Architect
Employment Type: Full-Time, Mid-level
Department: Information Technology
We are seeking a Cloud Systems Architect with experience with cloud infrastructure to engineer and support public, private and hybrid clouds. The ideal candidate will be proficient in a variety of cloud hosts including Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure at a minimum.
CGS brings motivated, highly skilled, and creative people together to solve the government’s most dynamic problems with cutting-edge technology. To carry out our mission, we are seeking candidates who are excited to contribute to government innovation, appreciate collaboration, and can anticipate the needs of others. Here at CGS, we offer an environment in which our employees feel supported, and we encourage professional growth through various learning opportunities.
Skills and attributes for success:
- The candidate will be knowledgeable of the most recent updates and developments and act as an advisor to our customer in reference to the cloud management strategies to be employed to take advantage of the benefits offered by cloud computing such as being able to function without any restrictions to the workload, initiate as many workstations as necessary per time period and pay only for what they actually use
- The candidate will also work with the IT Security team to manage and maintain cloud systems security of the data and network resources
- The candidate will also be responsible for engineering on customer premise applications and systems interconnected to cloud resources
- Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing complex computer systems
- Determines systems specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility and maintenance of system security
- Coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves program support deficiencies
- Develops and recommends corrective actions
- May provide technical guidance for database administrators and software developers
- Experience with and a complete understanding of the technology required for cloud computing
- Experience with the skills to migrate applications to the cloud
- Be able to build relationships between the customers and the team members
- The ability and the knowledge to integrate services and tools to any and all areas to be used such as networks and data processing
- The ability and the knowledge to implement security information and event management to keep the customer's assets safe
- Experience with meeting or exceeding the requirements of cloud provider service-level agreements Experience with AWS and Azure
- Knowledge of a multitude of programming languages including Python, PHP, Java, Node and Ruby on Rails
- Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Contact Government Services (CGS) strives to simplify and enhance government bureaucracy through the optimization of human, technical, and financial resources. We combine cutting-edge technology with world-class personnel to deliver customized solutions that fit our client’s specific needs. We are committed to solving the most challenging and dynamic problems.
For the past seven years, we’ve been growing our government-contracting portfolio, and along the way, we’ve created valuable partnerships by demonstrating a commitment to honesty, professionalism, and quality work.
Here at CGS we value honesty through hard work and self-awareness, professionalism in all we do, and to deliver the best quality to our consumers mending those relations for years to come.
We care about our employees. Therefore, we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Health, Dependent Care, and Commuter)
- Paid Time Off and Observance of State/Federal Holidays
Contact Government Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Join our team and become part of government innovation!
Explore additional job opportunities with CGS on our Job Board:
For more information about CGS please visit: https://www.cgsfederal.com or contact: