Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
Civilian Health Solutions uses a wide range of capabilities in Digital Modernization, Mission Software Systems, and enabling technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to support our customers’ mission in advancing biomedical research and protecting public health. Our team’s focus is ensuring our health customers have the right solutions to keep pace with an ever-evolving public health landscape and prevent the next public health crisis. To explore and learn more, click here!
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos’ Civilian Health Solutions Operation is seeking a dynamic, mission-centric hands-on seasoned Cloud Engineer. The candidate will serve as a cloud engineer in a team environment that will maintain full functionality of IT systems in accordance with the standards. The type of services required to be provided include system administration, cloud support, service delivery, specialized projects, and subject matter consulting. The candidate is expected to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment with good communication and interpersonal skills to work in a customer-focused team environment. Candidate will be a member of an experienced project team and must possess strong communications skills and the demonstrated ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
This role is onsite/hybrid in the DC Metro and requires candidate to be local to the area
US Citizen or US Person with the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance required.
Education And Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institute, (preferably in Mathematics, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Management).
- Minimum (5) years of experience administering AWS Enterprise Cloud (EC), including managing, operating, administering of AWS services, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator and/ or providing cloud operations support with the following:
- Experience developing and deploying cloud solutions in AWS, Azure and/ or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Experience with AWS deployment of AWS services, including CloudFormation, AWS Code and Deploy Pipeline, managing, and deploying ECR images, experience in AWS service deployment, monitoring, and operational support of production environments.
- Experience with Terraform for automation
- Experience with management of applications running within containers, including ECS or EC2 and virtualization.
- Experience setting up and maintaining System architecture/design documentation, System maintenance documentation, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills, team orientation, and strong interpersonal skills. Able to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both independently and in a team.
- Flexible and able to adapt to new processes and requirements in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage workload within multiple projects, delivering results within agreed deadlines.
- One or more of the following certifications: AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, Microsoft Azure Administrator, AWS Certified Security.
- ITIL Foundations certification (or the ability to obtain it within 3 months after starting)
- Preference for candidates with multi cloud experience
Pay Range $66,300.00 - $119,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.