Senior Cloud Developer - Streaming Distribution
Who We Are:
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.
This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day.
SiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM’s platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment and podcasts. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM's subsidiaries Simplecast and AdsWizz make it a leader in podcast hosting, production, distribution, analytics and monetization. The Company’s advertising sales organization, which operates as SXM Media, leverages its scale, cross-platform sales organization and ad tech capabilities to deliver results for audio creators and advertisers. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers.
The Streaming Distribution Engineering team is the team at SiriusXM which handles getting media (audio, video, images, etc.) to our users over the Internet. This role will be to develop services and tooling as part of the Streaming Distribution Engineering team. The development efforts would include application development in languages such as (Node, TypeScript, Python) as well as managing cloud based infrastructure to run the applications (AWS Lambda, API Gateway, S3, CloudFront, etc..). The Infrastructure management component would be done via Infrastructure as Code (IaC), in particular AWS CDK, and CI/CD pipelines using Github/Github Actions. This role will be part of a growing organization focusing on delivering simple technical solutions to solve complex problems in the media space.
What you’ll do:
- Provide feature enhancements for existing cloud based applications
- Design, develop, and deploy new cloud based applications
- Develop tooling to automate and optimize the teams operations
- Continually enhance and improve our unit testing suite
- Ensure applications are complete with considerations for security, availability, scaling, performance, monitoring, etc..
- Work closely with operations to document and identify areas of collaboration
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent experience, in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years of experience with application development utilizing industry best practices
- Ability to work with and manage cloud based infrastructure
- Excellent interpersonal skills; effectively communicate and collaborate with all areas of engineering.
- Understanding of engineering systems, IP based delivery, and cloud networking environments.
- Familiarity of the Content Distribution Network space (Akamai, Fastly, CloudFront, etc.)
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Build & Release best practices
- Technical experience in the following areas:
- Development - Node,TypeScript, Python
- Cloud Infrastructure - AWS
- Code Management - GitHub
- CI/CD - Pipelines (Github Actions)
- Infrastructure As Code (IaC) - AWS CDK
- Content Distribution Network integration
- Systems Engineering Fundamentals - Linux preferred
- Web server and load balancing technologies
- Understanding of the HTTP protocol
- Data Query/Visualization - Grafana, Kibana, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Our goal at SiriusXM is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.