Enterprise DevOps Cloud Solutions Engineer
Org Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual property—for Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more online , on UTSA Today or on Twitter , Instagram , Facebook , YouTube or LinkedIn .
UTSA, situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to ending generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.
Posting End Date
Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM CDT on 12/08/2023. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Salary Range: Up to $90,000/Annualized, commensurate with education, experience and qualifications.
Hours per Week
Exempt Position: 40 hours per week.
Required Application Materials
- Resume is required.
- Cover Letter is preferred.
Function: Under limited supervision, responsible for the design, administration and optimization of current and emerging cloud and identity services. Develops solutions to automate operational tasks, streamline deployment processes and provide scalable infrastructure for other engineering teams to build upon.
- Promotes DevOps principles and culture across the Enterprise Collaboration Services organization.
- Utilizes scripting, automation, and infrastructure as code to standardize and simplify cloud infrastructure deployment, configuration and management.
- Designs and develops automation workflows, performs tests, and provides feedback after assessing the overall quality of delivered components.
- Streamlines the cloud development lifecycle by identifying pain points and productivity barriers and determining ways to resolve them.
- Develops and continuously improves automation solutions to enable teams to build and deploy services efficiently and consistently.
- Monitors and manages cloud and Identity environment performance and service quality, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cases and issue resolution.
- Designs, implements and administers technology solutions utilizing Microsoft O365 services adhering to security best practices.
- Provides level 2/3 technical support for O365, Infoblox and identity management solutions.
- Ensures that the environment meets NIST 800-53 and 800-100 best practices as well as CMMC Level 3 security requirements as required.
- Documents processes, procedures, and proposes improvements.
- Conducts routine audits of cloud and identity environments to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Assists with special projects, as needed.
- Complies with all state and university policies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution within area of assigned responsibility.
- Technical training and/or experience may be substituted for a degree on a year for year basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 60 pounds.
- 2+ years of relevant DevOps experience.
- 3+ years work experience with server operating system administration (Microsoft Windows or LINUX).
- 4 years work experience with strong knowledge in Microsoft technical core competencies – O365 administration, Exchange, Azure and SharePoint.
- Experience with identity management technologies and related directories and databases (LDAP, Active Directory, Shibboleth).
- Experience with Infoblox DDI technologies.
- Strong automation scripting skills.
- Knowledge of scripting languages including PowerShell, Python, Ruby, YAML or other general purpose programming languages.
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools including ansible and Jenkins.
- Familiarity utilizing REST APIs and other integration mechanisms.
- Experience with and a strong knowledge of Incident, Problem and Change management processes.
- Basic understanding of Java application servers and/or XML.
- Experience with ServiceNow workflows and integrations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Occasional travel may be required.
This position will be primarily located:
Hybrid-Occasionally: Primarily works remotely, but may work on campus on an infrequent basis (approximately four days or less per month). Travel and parking expenses are the employee’s responsibility. Applicants must be adaptable and open to working in both environments.
- UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.