Sr Engineer, Cloud
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The Engineering team provides tools and platforms for the brands to deploy their workloads to the cloud. The team supports both TV, Film, Park and Corporate sites. We provide custom tools and infrastructure that help the brands deploy and manage their workloads to the cloud. We also provide ongoing operational support for any customer issues or tasks that come up in regards to work loads we support. The team ensures security for accounts and infrastructure for our customer by partnering with Cyber. We provide monitoring and metrics for reliability and availability and provide assistance in domain management requests.
- Design, implement, and maintain cloud-based hosting solutions
- Work with clients to identify and evaluate their cloud hosting needs
- Deploy and manage cloud servers and applications
- Monitor and troubleshoot cloud infrastructure
- Ensure the security and performance of cloud-based systems
- Automate cloud tasks and processes
- Stay up-to-date on the latest cloud technologies and best practices
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in cloud hosting or a related field
- Strong understanding of cloud computing concepts and technologies
- Strong Linux skills
- Domains and certificate management
- Proficiency in configuration management tools such as Ansible; Chef, or Puppet (preferred)
- Solid experience with major cloud platforms, perferably AWS
- Experience with cloud infrastructure automation tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience with cloud security tools and best practices
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Web server configuration experience (Apache, Nginx)
- Familiar with languages like PHP and Node.js.
- Familiar with Content Management Systems such as Drupal and WordPress.
- Experience troubleshooting multi-tiered environments which include object caching and Database layers
- Experience work with CDNs & WAFs
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes or ECS
- Experience with DevOps practices
- Experience with monitoring and analytics tools
- Good understanding with cloud billing and cost optimization
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge cloud technologies
- Collaborative and supportive work environment
- Opportunities for professional development and growth
- Team of culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $110,000 - $155,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing AccessibilitySupport@nbcuni.com.