Cloud Engineer SRE
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able To Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
Cloud Development, Cloud Infrastructure, Data Integration, Kubernetes, Technical Knowledge
8 + years of related experience
US Citizenship Required:
Cloud Developer Sr Advisor
Own the opportunity as a Cloud Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) and help ensure the mission is never interrupted. At GDIT, we deliver clarity with our cloud solutions and provide meaningful work. Your work will be an important part of transforming our clients for the modern age and help them face any obstacle.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As an SRE you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on talented people joining our team to help transition legacy technologies to cloud infrastructure in an efficient and secure manner.
HOW A CLOUD DEVELOPER SR ADVISOR WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health.
- Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications.
- Improve reliability, quality, performance for cloud-hosted applications.
- Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve.
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large, distributed software applications.
- Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding.
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures.
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning.
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts.
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives.
What You’ll Need To Succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field.
- DoD 8570 Level II (Security +)
- Required Experience: 8+ years of related experience
- Required Technical Skills:
- Adept Shell/BASH scripter
- Experience with distributed storage technologies like NFS, HDFS, Ceph, and S3.
- 2+ years of experience working with container orchestration technologies, specifically Kubernetes.
- Security Clearance Level: Secret to start, must be able to obtain TS/SCI
- Required Skills and Abilities:
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks along with an ability to offer and implement solutions to address these.
- Experience creating dashboards to track service health that appeal to both technical and non-technical audiences preferably with Splunk.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong attention to detail and a head for problem solving.
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team, or unsupervised as required
- Preferred Skills:
- Experience working with identity and access management technologies and solutions.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies; using collaboration tools such as Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with monitoring and logging solutions, specifically Splunk
- Any of the following: AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate or AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate or any Professional level of the above-mentioned certs where applicable
- 1+ years’ experience working with Gitlab
- Skilled at creating Ansible playbooks, working with AWX/Ansible Tower
- Location: On Customer Site
- US Citizenship Required
Gdit Is Your Place:
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
USA NC Fort Liberty
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
We connect people with the most impactful client missions, creating an unparalleled work experience that allows them to see their impact every day. We create opportunities for our people to lead and learn simultaneously. From securing our nation’s most sensitive systems, to enabling digital transformation and cloud adoption, our people are the ones who make change real.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.