Cloud Architect (Information Technology Consultant 3) - 20039777
This position, upon approval, may work remotely and require occasional in-person work for training, meetings and other operational needs. Successful candidates must have and maintain internet at their remote location during normal working hours. Employees will have access to shared workspaces at an ODJFS location. Employees must reside in Ohio and within a reasonable distance to their assigned work location to respond to workplace reporting requirements.
This position is being reposted to gain a larger applicant pool. If you applied to this position during the previous posting period, you must reapply in order to be considered for this posting.
The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) is a $3.5 billion agency with approximately 2,500 employees. ODJFS develops and supervises the state's public assistance, workforce development, unemployment insurance, child and adult protective services, adoption, childcare, and child support programs. ODJFS' mission is to improve the well-being of Ohio's workforce and families by promoting economic self-sufficiency and ensuring the safety of Ohio's most vulnerable citizens.
At ODJFS, we offer our employees a rewarding work experience in public service helping Ohioans achieve a sustainable lifestyle that includes generous benefit options and a flexible work life balance making our agency a great place to work!
- Low-cost health care benefits with FREE dental and vision
- Guaranteed 11 paid holidays each year
- Significant employer paid OPERS contributions
- Employee tuition reimbursement programs
- Wellness incentives for healthcare participants
- And much more!
To learn more about ODJFS, please visit our website at www.jfs.ohio.gov, find us on LinkedIn and follow us on Facebook.
Office Of Information Services
Our mission is to provide exceptional customer service to our partners and consumers utilizing innovative technologies.
The Ohio Department of Job & Family Services (ODJFS), Office of Information Services (OIS), is seeking an experienced Cloud Architect that serves as a technical DevOps expert responsible for the design, implementation, and support of cloud-based information technology solutions in current and future state. This role includes building, maintaining, and operationalizing infrastructure, security services, and system components in commercial or government cloud service providers to deliver highly available and scalable services. The level of work required is considered advanced and staff must be able to work under minimal supervision.
This position is also responsible for collaborating with other peer technicians and application developers to establish shared responsibilities to maintain, improve, and develop our cloud presences (primarily Salesforce and Microsoft Azure, but also AWS, ServiceNow, SharePoint, etc). Additional duties require a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Servers (v2008 and greater) for proper configuration, in support of application/code deployments through any given SLDC, which this position will also be responsible for overseeing. Additionally, this candidate will lead DevOps initiatives for new Bot & RPA technologies that are still in their infancy, or those that have yet to start.
Essential Responsibilities Include
- Lead the operational design, maintenance, and operation of cloud-based platforms (Salesforce, Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Lead discussion and provide guidance to technical teams regarding operational, technical, and procedural best practices and functional experience
- Lead automation efforts to minimize manual work and ensure transparency in all aspects of the secure cloud ecosystem
- Lead efforts with stakeholders to obtain and translate requirements into technical implementations
- Lead efforts to integrate existing legacy systems with proposed systems by identifying gaps between the current and future state, and potentially lead the implementation of solutions
- Oversee and develop continuous delivery and continuous integration frameworks and tools
- Setup framework, processes, and operations for infrastructure as code and automation
- Lead technical and end-user resources to execute detailed tests and analyze testing results.
- Document and communicate issues, solutions, and timelines to appropriate stakeholders
- Assist with implementation of customer side monitoring tools and lead operation outage events
- Provide timely/responsive technical support and leadership both within and across departments and applications including rotational 24/7 on call support
The following are the minimum qualifications for this position. For further consideration, applicants must clearly identify how qualifications are met within the education and/or experience sections of the application.
The ideal candidate, at minimum, must have the following:
- Completion of undergraduate core program coursework in information technology, electrical engineering or telecommunications;
- 5 yrs. exp. in information systems analysis, design & operations;
- 18 mos. exp. in project/program management;
- 2 courses or 6 mos. exp. in budgeting.
- 12 mos. exp. as Information Technology Consultant 2, 64162.
Or the equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications for Employment noted above.
United States of America-OHIO-Franklin County-Columbus
James A Rhodes Office Tower 38
Job & Family Services
Bargaining Unit / Exempt
8:00am - 5:00pm
Commensurate with Experience (Details Below)
Primary Job Skill
Agency Contact Name
ODJFS Workforce Administration Team
Agency Contact Information