Software Engineer 2
This mid-level Software Engineer 2 role within the Supply Chain Technology team is responsible for designing and developing highly available, robust, and scalable solutions. These technology products and solutions will play a key role in the transformation of fulfillment and distribution platforms fueling Nordstrom’s retail and e-commerce growth.
Supply Chain technology transformation is central to Nordstrom’s strategic vision and our leadership is investing in our growth. In the past year, we’ve aggressively begun streamlining our technology to support a scalable and AI driven supply chain network. This will provide the foundation to quickly integrate state of the art automated, omni-channel fulfillment and distribution management systems. Nordstrom’s supply chain services process hundreds of thousands of orders per day, with transactions in tens of millions of dollars per day, and account for roughly half of the company’s multi-billion-dollar sales for the year.
A day in the life…
- Contribute to all stages of software development lifecycle
- Conduct software analysis, programming, testing, and debugging
- Test all scenarios and conform to quality standards
- Identify performance issues; apply knowledge of security coding practices and secure system fundamentals (e.g., cross-site scripting, security certificates)
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of information technology concepts, issues, trends, and best practices
- Design and collaborate with development teams and cross-functional partners
You own this if you have…
- 4+ years of professional experience as a Software Development Engineer
- 4+ years of Java, Python, or Go Development experience
- 1+ years' experience with public cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- Understanding of relational databases
- Knowledge of Streaming using Kafka/Kinesis equivalent is big plus.
- Knowledge in event-driven design and implementation patterns, containers and micro-services, REST APIs are a bonus
- Ability to collaborate with other disciplines like program management and product management to deliver features.
- Good understanding of dev-ops best practices, CI/CD, alerting, monitoring, and production support.
- Curiosity and a desire to learn.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS, Engineering or equivalent practical experience
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2022 Nordstrom, Inc
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Pay Range Details
The pay range(s) below are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.
California, New York, and Washington: $99,000-$172,500 annually, Colorado, Nevada, and Rhode Island: $99,000-$153,500 annually
This position may be eligible for performance-based incentives/bonuses. Benefits include 401k, medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance options, PTO accruals, Holidays, and more. Eligibility requirements may apply based on location, job level, classification, and length of employment. Learn more in the Nordstrom Benefits Overview by copying and pasting the following URL into your browser: https://careers.nordstrom.com/pdfs/Ben_Overview_16.pdf