Sr. Manager, Observability
This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald’s works. We provide best-in-class foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It’s our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers.
The Service Management Office (SMO) Awareness and Integration Senior Manager reports to the Sr. Director of SMO and is responsible for enabling informed business decisions using application performance data and data visualization. The successful candidate in this role will lead the team to implement a comprehensive observability strategy through a variety of data sources including monitoring tools, AI Ops, native cloud platform monitoring, CMDB, application reporting and other sources of trusted data to aggregate information and visualize information, helping drive incident and root cause investigations and operational improvement meetings.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technology leader to help shape the transformation of infrastructure and operations products and services to the entire McDonalds environment.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Design the strategy for holistic observability & AIOps using a range of data visualization, sources, and integrations
- Develops the automation necessary to enable early intervention in emerging issues and auto-healing where possible
- Identifies new opportunities to leverage data, events, tools, and integrations to gain deeper insights into customer and store impacting operations
- Partners with other teams to provide observations for use in post-mortem forensics, training, and other preventative measures
- Drives the functional design of the business requirements in a manner well understood by the developers and provide acceptance criteria.
- Collaborates with other product teams, technical architects, developers, and tech leads to understand the technology roadmap for modernization.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with multiple diverse stakeholders across the company.
- Understands customer issues, converting them into problem statements and provides out of box solutions thru design thinking.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience managing a major observability or monitoring platform
- 5+ years of experience in Information Technology Monitoring
- Experience in large-scale eCommerce environments
- Must have working expert knowledge of a major monitoring and or AI Ops platform such as New Relic, Dynatrace, Big Panda, Moogsoft, Solar winds, Netreo, ServiceNow
- Ability to conduct research into issues, evaluate solutions and translate findings into plans
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand business challenges, drive process improvements and translate into solutions
- Superb communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey complex ideas in easy-to-understand business-friendly language
- Familiarity with public cloud environments
- Motivation to use initiative to make an immediate impact in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- A solid teammate with a willingness to learn, engage and build relationships with both internal colleagues and external partners
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet project/global program requirements
- Knowledge of industry best practices and standards
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment