Cloud Engineer, Enterprise Monitoring & Event Management - Nationwide
What Cloud Engineering contributes to Cardinal HealthInformation Technology oversees the effective development, delivery, and operation of computing and information services. This function anticipates, plans, and delivers Information Technology solutions and strategies that enable operations and drive business value.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for Observability Monitoring technologies and administration with excellent written and verbal communication skills, has a clear understanding of the value that monitoring technologies imparts when properly instrumented to observe our most valued business assets. Having an in-depth knowledge in the monitoring administration discipline to act as a resource for colleagues with less experience, assisting with training application and infrastructure teams to demonstrate the value a fully observed solution.
- Grow and improve the enterprise monitoring environment from early stages to a mature implementation.
- Work closely with Infrastructure, Application, and Business Intelligence teams leveraging a monitoring self-service philosophy.
- Support large-scale Monitoring deployments across multiple providers, with data feeds from multiple on-premise data centers.
- Monitor and maintain performance, availability, and capacity, including version upgrades, permissions, and audit compliance.
- Develop reliable, efficient queries that will feed custom alerts and dashboards.
- Track work effectively via agile methods.
- Create and maintain documentation related to architecture and operational processes.
- Define processes for engagement and RACI models.
- Translates and interprets functional requirements documentation for medium projects
- Assists in system/application integrations with Enterprise Monitoring instrumentation.
- Mentor members of the technical staff to support and assist in monitoring-related activities.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects.
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures.
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives.
- Completes work; independently receives general guidance on new projects.
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives.
- 4 years of hands-on experience with monitoring platforms & technologies (Dynatrace, BigPanda, SolarWinds, SNMP, AWS, GCP, Splunk) required
- Proficient in Application Performance Monitoring, Synthetics, End User Experience, Mobile app, and Infrastructure monitoring instrumentation as well as distributed tracing capabilities required
- Proficient in Python, PowerShell, SQL, and cloud services
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong technical acumen and understanding of multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, Unix, etc.) and technical platforms (networks, firewalls, storage, virtualization, etc.).
Anticipated salary range: $ 92,100 - 131,600
Bonus Eligible: No
Benefits: Health insurance, 401k Contributions, Paid Time Off, Vacation, STD/LTD
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law