Cloud Systems Engineer
BigBear.ai is seeking a Cloud Engineer to join our team and work with our engineering team to optimize, implement, and maintain our organization’s cloud-based systems.A Cloud Engineer’s responsibilities include deploying and debugging systems, as well as executing new cloud initiatives. Ultimately, you will work with different IT professionals and teams to ensure our cloud computing systems meet the needs of our organization and customers.
This position will be based out of Chantilly, VA. One day per week is required in the office with the majority of the work being performed remotely. More onsite workdays may be required to support the team and key planning events.
What You Will Do
- Design and Deploy Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud engineers design and deploy AWS cloud-based infrastructure, such as virtual machines, storage solutions, and networking components.
- Monitor and Optimize Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud engineers are responsible for monitoring the performance of cloud-based infrastructure, diagnosing and troubleshooting issues, and making necessary changes to optimize system performance.
- Implement Security and Compliance Controls: Cloud engineers ensure that cloud-based infrastructure meets security and compliance requirements. They work with IT security and compliance teams to implement security and compliance controls and ensure that they are being followed.
- Collaborate with IT Teams: Cloud engineers work closely with other IT teams, including developers, operations, and security teams. They collaborate with these teams to ensure that cloud-based infrastructure meets the organization’s requirements and can support its goals.
- Automation: Cloud engineers develop and implement automation processes to simplify and streamline the management of cloud-based infrastructure.
- What You Need To HaveBachelor's Degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field is required cloud system engineer with 5+ years of experience as cloud system engineer; or
- Master's Degree and 3+ years of experience; or
- PhD and 0 to 3 years of experience; or
- in lieu of Bachelor’s degree, 6 additional years of relevant experience
- Clearance: must possess and maintain an active Secret clearance
- Security+ Certificate
- Technical Skills: Cloud engineers must be proficient in various cloud technologies, including virtualization, networking, and storage solutions.
- Must also have a strong background in server installations and configurations and networks in the AWS cloud env including AWS CloudFormation, EC2, S3, Athena, Lambda, Networking (VPC, subnets, NACL, Transit Gateway), System Manager, RDS, Database Migration Service.
- Analytical Skills: Cloud engineers must have strong analytical skills to identify patterns and insights from cloud-based infrastructure and system performance data.
- Collaboration Skills: Cloud engineers must have excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with other members of the IT department.
What We'd Like You To Have
- Experienced in creating DevSecOps Pipeline is a plus.
BigBear.ai delivers AI-powered analytics and cyber engineering solutions to support mission-critical operations and decision-making in complex, real-world environments. BigBear.ai’s customers, which include the US Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, the US Federal Government, as well as customers in manufacturing, healthcare, commercial space, and other sectors, rely on BigBear.ai’s solutions to see and shape their world through reliable, predictive insights and goal-oriented advice. Headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, BigBear.ai is a global, public company traded on the NYSE under the symbol BBAI. For more information, please visit: http://bigbear.ai/ and follow BigBear.ai on Twitter: @BigBearai.