Senior Open Source Engineer
Kasten by Veeam is the leader in Kubernetes Backup and Disaster Recovery. K10, our data management platform purpose-built for Kubernetes, provides enterprise operations teams, an easy-to-use, scalable, and secure system for backup/restore, disaster recovery, and application mobility with unparalleled operational simplicity.
Our team is all-remote, and we're hiring for this role across all locations in the US and Canada
- You will own (design, build, and test) significant features in our open source projects as well as the K10 product related to backup and recovery of Kubernetes applications, databases, and storage systems
- Build deep expertise in everything "cloud-native" - you will be working with state-of-the-art technologies as well as building a product that makes enterprise customers succeed in their "cloud-native" transformation
- Work with Kasten’s product owners to define and own the broader open-source and cloud native strategic initiatives.
- Share our team's work via blog posts, videos, and talks at community meetups and conferences
- Expertise in developing, testing, and debugging production-quality, scalable, multi-threaded, concurrent systems
- Experience with distributed systems concepts and client-server architectures
- Strong computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, and concurrency)
- You are passionate about code quality, extensibility, coding standards, testing, and automation
- You are impact and result-driven and biased towards execution
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent industry experience
Nice To Have
- Experience developing in Go
- Experience developing for and on containers, container scheduler, and orchestration platforms
- Active contributor to OSS projects in the Kubernetes/Cloud-Native ecosystem
- Participation in CNCF Technical Advisory Groups (TAGs) or Kubernetes Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Experience working in a remote environment
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not tolerate discrimination in any form on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. All your information will be kept confidential.