AWS Cloud Architect- Remote with preference to candidates in the Reston VA area.
An extraordinarily talented group of individuals work together every day to drive TNS' success, from both professional and personal perspectives. Come join the excellence!
Transaction Network Services (TNS), a Koch Industries company is seeking a talented and motivated AWS Cloud Architect. We are adopting cloud services at an increasing rate, primarily AWS. This role is for an architect to establish strategy and architecture for this increasingly important set of technologies.
- Create and execute cloud computing strategies by architecting cloud
infrastructure assets to meet TNS’ business goals
- Work with cross-functional teams to design and implement cloud
infrastructure and cloud native applications
- Serve as subject matter expert, advisor to understand and communicate
industry best practices for cloud technologies
- Work with stakeholders to develop strategic plans and work with cross-functional teams to implement and assist in operation
- Continuously improve service delivery to internal and external customers
- Develop, configure, administer, and troubleshoot cloud infrastructure that supports corporate and production platforms
- Define monitoring and alerting requirements for cloud infrastructure, assist Monitoring and Automation teams
- Create, maintain, and improve documentation for processes, architecture, or other cloud infrastructure elements
- Educate and evangelize the capabilities and limitations of cloud technologies
- Assist in creating and managing financial forecasts, business cases, and invoice reviews, and ongoing financial management for cloud services
- Perform consultative services to internal customers to select appropriate platforms for service delivery between cloud and traditional infrastructure
- 7-10 years working in a Software Development Engineering environment
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current trends
- 5+ years of practical experience with AWS architecting, designing, supporting cloud infrastructure and applications
- Demonstrated architecture and implementation skills with AWS cloud infrastructure platforms, tools, and services
- Strong understanding of networking concepts and experience configuring and maintaining network infrastructure on cloud
- Knowledge of security and compliance best practices for cloud-based systems and experience implementing them on cloud
- Experience with microservices, containerization and container orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools such as CloudFormation, Terraform and Ansible
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, experience with performance tuning and troubleshooting in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Strong programming skills with experience in Python, Java, or Bash scripting
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, good interpersonal skills and capable of working under tight deadlines
Optional Desired Qualifications
- Global organizational support experience preferred
- Working in a Telecom industry
- Understanding of ML, data analysis, data visualization is preferred
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, and Hive is a plus
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and exposure to all facets of IT
- Experience with other cloud platforms, including Azure, Google, or OpenStack
- Certifications in cloud technologies Azure, or GCP is a plus
Education And Certifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- AWS cloud architecture certification is required
For this role, we anticipate paying $150,000 - $190,000 annually. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. TNS offers a competitive benefit package including medical and dental coverage, life insurance, paid holidays and vacations, and a 401K plan with company match
If you are passionate about technology, love personal growth and opportunity, come see what TNS is all about!
TNS is an equal opportunity employer. TNS evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.