Sr AWS Platform Engineer
We are hiring a Senior AWS Platform Engineer to help Vanguard’s Cyber Resiliency Program design and implement strategic solutions that will further solidify Vanguard’s cloud resiliency for our most critical services. As part of this team, you will learn about and build solutions that enable critical applications to function under the most complex technical contingency scenarios. This position offers a great opportunity to partner with and learn from many of the cloud platform teams at Vanguard as well as critical Investment Management applications.
What do I need to become a Senior Engineer in Cyber Resiliency? We are looking for:
- Track record of great technical solutions and teamwork
- Intermediate to Advanced Java skills (or a comparable language)
- Intermediate to Advanced CloudFormation skills
- Solid AWS service and feature awareness
What am I going to learn as a Senior Engineer in Cyber Resiliency? You will:
- Sharpen your technical abilities
- Grow your expertise in AWS Architecture
- Learn about critical Investment Management application and data services
- Advance your understanding of AWS’ ECS, S3, DynamoDB, and other services
- Learn what it is like to work on a fast-paced, dynamic and tight knit team
- Designs, implements, and deploys cloud platforms to support and meet business needs. Identifies, recommends, and implements opportunities for improvement and performance issue solutions.
- Provides advanced level technical support and ensures reliable operation of cloud production. Troubleshoots software systems on multiple cloud computing platforms and system integration into existing cloud computing platforms. Maintains comprehensive technical knowledge of software and infrastructure platforms.
- Develops technical standards. Tests and evaluates IT vendor products. Reviews configuration parameters to optimize system performance and maximize operation uptime
- Elevates code into the development, test, and cloud production environments on schedule. Provides follow up production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
- Learns and understands client area business functions and requirements. Determines the appropriate technical tool to address the client's business needs.
- Trains and mentors more junior staff on processes and releases. Troubleshoots and resolves complex issues elevated from staff. Provides guidance and consultation as required. Updates, writes, and maintains documentation for the department.
- Administers system activities. Writes the technical portion of assigned deliverables. Performs systems analysis, including system requirements analysis and definition, and logical design.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years related work experience.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
Vanguard is offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
How We Work
Vanguard has implemented a hybrid working model for the majority of our crew members, designed to capture the benefits of enhanced flexibility while enabling in-person learning, collaboration, and connection. We believe our mission-driven and highly collaborative culture is a critical enabler to support long-term client outcomes and enrich the employee experience.