Academy - Technical Support Engineer
We’re forward-thinking technology people with heart. We make our own rules, drive our own opportunities, and try to approach every challenge with fresh eyes. Of course, we can’t do it alone. We know when to ask for help, collaborate with others, and partner with smart people. We embrace diversity and openness because it’s in our DNA. We push limits and reward great ideas. What is your great idea?
"At NetApp, we fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds and perspectives of all employees, customers, partners, and communities to foster a higher performing organization." -George Kurian, CEO
The Sales, Services and Support (S3) Academy is designed for entry-level talent. It includes a robust 90 day training, business integration support, and other tailored programs to promote professional development and community. During this training, Academy Participants gain the foundational knowledge needed to have a basic understanding of the Storage Industry, NetApp, and products and solutions. Additionally, they effectively develop transferable soft skills that will allow them to excel within the organization and in their long- term careers.
We are seeking candidates for an entry-level position with 2-3 years of professional experience in the tech support field. This role is designed for individuals looking to build on their existing skills and take the next step in their career. The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) role focuses on diagnosing, troubleshooting, and debugging technical problems associated with NetApp Hardware and Software both on premises and in the Cloud. A TSE will respond to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in the field. TSEs are expected to be able to handle multiple concurrent issues while documenting all pertinent information pertaining to troubleshooting and resolving issues via CRM. TSEs will capture and record all knowledge learned via the NetApp Knowledge Base. We are seeking an energized, self-motivated, team player to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured, dynamic environment providing remote technical support to NetApp Customers, Partners, and Field Engineers via chat, phone, email, and remote sessions.
- Triage and troubleshoot NetApp systems and products via chat, phone, email and remote sessions with customers, partners, and internal field engineers
- Read and analyze various system and application logs to determine where an issue is.
- Ask customers targeted questions to diagnose problems and provide timely solutions.
- Research documentation and knowledgebase articles and collaborate with team members to determine proper troubleshooting course of action
- Provide timely updates to customers on status and progress of cases and properly set expectations.
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time, while quickly determining if issues are more complex and need to be escalated to next tier
- Create and/or improve Support Knowledge Base to document issues, errors, and solutions so repeated problems can be solved quicker.
- Ensure issues are documented thoroughly, clearly citing customer’s problem, business impact, troubleshooting steps, any steps taken to reproduce the issue, resolution, and any other pertinent information into CRM system
- Understand conditions in which a field issue could be escalated
- Collaborate with downstream teams to resolve technical issues
- Highly proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and respond calmly in high stress situations
- Team oriented individual that can also work independently, in office and remote, with minimal supervision
- Can demonstrate proficient problem solving, troubleshooting, and diagnosis skills
- Basic technical understanding in two or more of the following areas: Computer hardware or software, Storage, RAID, Networking, NAS, SAN, Authentication, Encryption, Cloud (Google Cloud, AWS, Azure), Virtualization, Performance (Resource utilizations or infrastructure bottlenecks), Windows, Unix or Linux
This position typically requires a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience.
Job Posting Info: This is a pipeline position that will be opened on a recurring basis and used to fill roles aligned with the required skill sets. Recruiting efforts will be ongoing until specific teams find an ideal match.
Thrive Everywhere: NetApp’s approach to in-person and remote work will be a flexible hybrid model that emphasizes flexibility for employees and puts our talent first.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
NetApp is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination based on age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, pregnancy, protected veteran status, and any other protected classification.
Did you know…
Statistics show women apply to jobs only when they’re 100% qualified. But no one is 100% qualified. We encourage you to shift the trend and apply anyway! We look forward to hearing from you.
In a world full of generalists, NetApp is a specialist. No one knows how to elevate the world’s biggest clouds like NetApp. We are data-driven and empowered to innovate. Trust, integrity, and teamwork all combine to make a difference for our customers, partners, and communities.
We expect a healthy work-life balance. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to volunteer with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
If you run toward knowledge and problem-solving, join us.
USA Residents Only:
The base salary hiring wage range for this position which the Company reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position in the specified geographic areas or locations, is $80,190 – $113,740. Final compensation will be dependent on various factors relevant to the position and candidate such as geographical location, candidate qualifications, certifications, relevant job-related work experience, education, skillset and other relevant business and organizational factors, consistent with applicable law. In addition, the position may include some of the following comprehensive benefits such Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(K), Paid Time off (PTO), sick time, leave of absence as per the FMLA and other relevant leave laws, Company bonus/commission, employee stock purchase plan, and/or restricted stocks (RSU’s).