Public Cloud PreSales Specialist - Marketplace
We are a software-focused IT solutions and services provider that equips organizations to be agile and innovative, and for their people to be engaged, connected, and creative at work. That means moving them to the cloud, helping them build the workplace of tomorrow, and enabling them to make smarter decisions about their technology. By doing these things we help them create success for their customers and their people.
We stand proudly for our people and support their success through career development and advancement. We are recognized and respected for our culture of inclusion and belonging, continuously striving to do what’s good for our people and communities.
The impact you will have:
Embark on a transformative journey into the Public Cloud!
The AWS Marketplace Pre-Sales Specialist role is ultimately responsible for sourcing demand within our sales organization. You will do this by leading enablement activities with sales, account planning and supporting sales as they position our lead sales motions for AWS Marketplace. Success is measured by the continuous improvement in sales rep participation in our AWS Marketplace business producing balanced performance to plan across our AWS Marketplace portfolio.
There are 3 key measures within the AWS Marketplace Pre-SalesSpecialist management process:
- [results] Total Contract Value (AWS Marketplace Rev), Product and Services field margin (Total FM).
- [KPI] New AWS Marketplace logos, number of Marketplace private offers and rep participation.
- [Supporting metrics] pipeline sufficiency + cases + customer meetings.
What you’ll do:
- Responsibility for the AWS Marketplace Pipeline: Maintenance of a clean, accurate and sufficient pipeline. Accountable for opportunity submissions, management & forecasting.
- Execution of our sales enablement tactics in focus districts: Provide ongoing enablement to focus districts to support sales with AWS Marketplace GTM (Go to Market) strategies & opportunity generation.
- Sales & Opportunity support for product & programs: Provide support through the entire opportunity sales cycle from qualify to close. Additionally acting as the SME for AWS Marketplace programs for customers & sales.
Providing cross-functional support to multiple areas of the business:
- Support Regional Business Development Managers with enablement: Collaborate with BDM on “selling” Softchoice as go-to-partner to AWS for AWS Marketplace and support with alignment with sales & AWS.
- Responsible for delivering an excellent process-oriented transaction process: Working alongside our operations team & ISV partners to ensure a smooth customer transaction experience.
- Coordinate with our sales teams to educate them on AWS Marketplace programs and funding: Ensure that on all AWS Marketplace opportunities, we are maximizing the use of the AWS funding & incentive programs.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of B2B sales experience, ideally from within the technology industry.
- Demonstrable experience in solution sales with consistent year or year performance to plan.
- Commitment to process and goal oriented.
- Strong problem solving & organizations skills for complex sales cycles
- Delivery an exceptional customer service and experience
- Customer focused mindset with strong executive presence, and effective communication skills (all levels)
- Technical proficiency with demonstrable understanding of Cloud computing and Software Asset Management
- AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification (requirement in role)
- Must have experience working in salesforce.com from opportunity management, forecasting and reporting
Not sure if you qualify? Think about applying anyway:
We understand that not everyone brings 100% of the skills and experience for the role.
At Softchoice, we offer opportunities to a diverse group including those with a variety of workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you are new to corporate tech, returning to work after a gap in employment, or looking to transition and take the next step in your career, we are excited to learn more about you and encourage you to apply.
Why people love working here:
- We offer hybrid and remote working opportunities.
- Comprehensive benefits from day one of employment.
- We offer meaningful work and opportunities for career growth.
- Our team members have 2 paid volunteer days per year to give back to a cause of their choice.
- We offer an opportunity to build and grow a career in the technology industry.
- Recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 18 consecutive years.
- Softchoice has been certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States for several years.
- We have also been recognized as a Best Workplace for Women, Best Workplace for Inclusion, Best Workplace for Giving Back and Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality.
- We have raised over $3 million through Softchoice Cares, our grassroots fundraising organization.
Inclusion & Equal opportunity employment:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion & belonging. People seeking employment at Softchoice are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Require accommodation? We are ready to help:
We are proud to provide interview & employment accommodation during the recruitment and hiring process. If you require any accommodation to apply or interview for a position, please reach out directly to email@example.com . We are committed to working with you to best meet your needs.
Our commitment to your experience:
We are committed to the safety of all applicants and team members. With that in mind, we have implemented digital interviewing for everyone. We understand that you may need to interview with distractions around you (such as children or furry friends) and we will be doing the same.
Before you start with us, we will conduct a criminal record check, verify your education, and check your references.
When you join Softchoice, we will onboard you remotely. Don't worry. It's quick, simple and you'll be connected with your new team in no time.
Job Requisition ID: 5279