Digital Solution Architect
# 155314 - Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
Who We Are
Colgate-Palmolive Company is a caring, innovative growth company that is reimagining a healthier future for all people, their pets and our planet. Focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, we sell our products in more than 200 countries and territories under brands such as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, hello, meridol, Sorriso, Tom’s of Maine, EltaMD, Filorga, Irish Spring, PCA SKIN, Protex, Sanex, Softsoap, Speed Stick, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Pet Nutrition.
We are recognized for our leadership and innovation in promoting sustainability and community wellbeing, including our achievements in decreasing plastic waste and promoting recyclability, saving water, conserving natural resources and improving children’s oral health.
If you want to work for a company that lives by their values, then give your career a reason to smile and join our global team!
We are excited to invite applications for the position of Digital Solution Architect within our Global IT Team. Focused on our Pet Nutrition Division, we have a portfolio of initiatives focused on accelerating our Digital Transformation as a data driven, people focused enterprise. We are looking for a highly motivated architect to join our team to help realize our vision. This role will involve defining platform architecture strategy across our Global Digital landscape to ensure scalable solutions across our Martech, AdTech and eComm Tech stacks.
You will join a team of passionate, dedicated technologists who collaborate to design and build cutting-edge experience & marketing data solutions to power Hill’s Digital Transformation with real-time customer insights delivering measurable business value. If you are intellectually curious, hardworking and solution-oriented, you will fit right into our fast-paced, collaborative environment!
As a Digital Solution Architect, you will serve as the lead Solution/Technical Architect and subject matter expert for customer experience & marketing data solutions during Ideation, Discovery, and Build project phases. The role requires a future-proof focus and will be asked to participate in upfront design as well as ongoing improvements/platform expansion, in addition to working with the central Enterprise Architecture team to define and govern architecture standards for our Digital ecosystems.
What you will do:
- Engage with IT and business teams to uncover business requirements to define technical architecture for customer experience & marketing data solutions
- Develop and maintain system design / architecture maps
- Continuously review landscape to find opportunities to optimize operations, drive cost efficiencies, performance and elevate the user experience
- Engage in technical resource planning and level-of-effort estimation to support project scoping, pricing, and planning including handling SOW for external staff augmentation
- Review solutions proposed by vendor partners to ensure the solution is strategic and adheres to the guardrails of the business
- Continually research current, emerging technologies and industry standards, proposing changes where needed
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of designing and implementing digital experience and data marketing solutions
- Strong leadership skills - ability to influence technical and business teams, build strong relationships, deliver feedback, and motivate the team
- Track record of shaping successful business development of digital and other front office business transformation initiatives
- Hands-on experience with 2+ marketing data technologies (CRM, CMS, DMP, MDM, CDP, EDW).
- Experience with various Martech/Adtech tools (Adobe, Salesforce, Oracle, Google, Facebook, and similar) and how to integrate technologies into data management solutions.
- Experience of 1+ public cloud offerings (AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform) and how to solution designs that are built around these functional technologies areas: cloud compute, data storage, pub/sub, and workflow orchestration.
- Understanding and experience of the following: API solutions and toolsets, customer data, and advanced analytics/machine learning
- Experience working with modern frontend frameworks such as React/Express JS as well as exposure to some of the latest Architectures using MACH principles
- Understanding and experience with ETL tools and methodologies (Informatica, Talend, Spark, AWS Glue, GCP Cloud Dataprep, Azure Data Factory, and similar)
- Experience developing/implementing Digital Commerce solutions - Shopify, SAP Commerce, VTEX etc.
- Experience with data integration and API methodologies and tools (Mulesoft, Dell Boomi, Custom API, Airflow, and similar)
- Experience working with 1P data end to end processing considerations (known/unknown, data privacy, masking etc)
- In-depth understanding of data management platforms including relational and non-relational data engines (MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Amazon Redshift, MongoDB, Hadoop, Snowflake, Big Query, and similar)
- Experience working with SAFe framework - PI planning preparation etc
- Understanding of data visualization tools (Domo, Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, and similar)
Compensation And Benefits
Salary Range $120,000.00 - $164,850.00 USD
Pay is based on multiple non-discriminatory, individualized factors including but not limited to experience, job-related knowledge and education, skills and office/market location. In addition to base salary, salaried employees are eligible for annual discretionary bonuses, profit-sharing and, for Executive-level (salary grade 16 and above) roles only, long-term incentives in the form of Restricted Stock Units and/or Stock Options.
Subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable benefits plans then in effect, all salaried employees are also eligible for a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Insurance: Employees (and their eligible dependents) are eligible to participate in Company-sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Disability insurance plans.
- Retirement Plans: Employees are eligible to enroll in Colgate's 401(k) plan, which provides for company matching contributions subject to eligibility requirements
- Vacation/PTO: Employees receive a minimum of 15 days of vacation/PTO leave annually
- Paid Holidays: Employees receive a minimum of 13 paid/floating holidays annually
- Paid Sick Leave: Based on location and consistent with applicable state and local law, employees receive a minimum of 40 hours of paid sick leave on January 1st of each year
- Paid Parental Leave: Eligible employees may take up to eight weeks of paid parental leave and 12 weeks of unpaid leave (varies for employees with fewer than 12 months of service and is subject to hours worked requirements)
Our Commitment to Sustainability
With the Colgate brand in more homes than any other, we are presented with great opportunities and new challenges as we work to integrate sustainability into all aspects of our business and create positive social impact. We are determined to position ourselves for further growth as we act on our 2025 Sustainability & Social Impact Strategy.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our purpose starts with our people — ensuring our workforce represents the people and communities we serve —and creating an environment where our people feel they belong; where we can be our authentic selves, feel treated with respect and have the support of leadership to impact the business in a meaningful way.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Employer Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.
For additional Colgate terms and conditions, please click here.