Senior Lead Data Architect
You strive to be an essential member of a diverse team of visionaries dedicated to making a lasting impact. Don't pass up this opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the field and deliver best-in-class solutions to the industry.
As a Senior Lead Data Architect at JPMorgan Chase within the Finance Risk Data and Controls Engineering and Architecture Team, you are an integral part of a team that works to develop high-quality data architecture solutions for various software applications and platform products. Drive significant business impact and help shape the global target state architecture through your capabilities in multiple data architecture domains.
- Represents the data architecture team at technical governance bodies and provides feedback regarding proposed improvements regarding data architecture governance practices
- Regularly provides technical guidance and direction to support the business and its technical teams, contractors, and vendors
- Develops secure, high-quality production code and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Drives data architecture decisions that impact product design, application functionality, and technical operations and processes
- Influences peers and project decision-makers to consider the use and application of leading-edge technologies
- Advises junior architects and technologists
- Supports design and governance of structure, storage, and flow of data
- Implements data governance policies and procedures in accordance with define data standards, data quality rules, and data security measures to ensure data integrity, privacy, and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Carries out data security governance to ensure protection of sensitive data including encryption, access control, and data masking
- Supports application team onboarding to Cloud specifically leveraging big data technologies
- Evaluates current and new products and services across big data technology paradigm
- Serves as a function-wide subject matter expert role for application development teams to help Cloud, Big Data, Data Lake and Machine Learning application modernization
Required Qualifications, Capabilities, And Skills
- Hands-on practical experience delivering system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Advanced in one or more programming languages, applications, and architecture
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, applications, and technical processes with considerable in-depth knowledge in one or more technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
- Ability to tackle design and functionality problems independently with little to no oversight
- Ability to evaluate current and emerging technologies to select or recommend the best solutions for the future state architecture
- Experience in building application framework and/or platform development experience and data warehousing, and data streaming (e.g. Kafka) , data integration, and data analytics
- Experience with data cataloging tools, data lineage tools, data quality tools, and data governance platforms
- Defining solution architecture and leading implementation of big data applications
- Hands-on experience in design and implementation of cloud-native data solutions including containerization and orchestration
- Experience with private and public cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
Preferred Qualifications, Capabilities, And Skills
- Knowledge of ER/Studio/ Erwin Data Modeler
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Exposure to data lake concepts and technologies
- Understanding of integration technologies like Apache Kafka
- Operating systems - Linux/Unix, WindowsAPI - ReST API, JSON/XML
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents and perspectives that they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. (If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability and wish to request an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us by calling the Accessibility Line (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690 and indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.)
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, we offer discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of firm performance and individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Veterans