Site Reliability Engineer III, Reference Data
There's nothing more exciting than being at the center of a rapidly growing field in technology and applying your skillsets to drive innovation and modernize the world's most complex and mission-critical systems.
As a Reference Data Site Reliability Engineer III at JPMorgan Chase within the Finance, Risk, Data & Controls team, you will solve complex and broad business problems with simple and straightforward solutions. Through code and cloud infrastructure, you will configure, maintain, monitor, and optimize applications and their associated infrastructure to independently decompose and iteratively improve on existing solutions. You are a significant contributor to your team by sharing your knowledge of end-to-end operations, availability, reliability, and scalability of your application or platform.
- Guide and assist others in the areas of building appropriate level designs and gaining consensus from peers where appropriate
- Collaborate with other software engineers and teams to design and implement deployment approaches using automated continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Collaborate with other software engineers and teams to design, develop, test, and implement availability, reliability, scalability, and solutions in their applications
- Implement infrastructure, configuration, and network as code for the applications and platforms in your remit
- Collaborate with technical experts, key stakeholders, and team members to resolve complex problems
- Understand service level indicators and utilizes service level objectives to proactively resolve issues before they impact customers
- Support the adoption of site reliability engineering best practices within your team
Required Qualifications, Capabilities, And Skills
- Formal training or certification on site reliability engineering concepts and 3+ years applied experience
- Proficient in site reliability culture and principles and familiarity with how to implement site reliability within an application or platform
- Proficient in at least one programming language such as Python, Java/Spring Boot, and .Net
- Proficient knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a given technical discipline (e.g., Cloud, artificial intelligence, Android, etc.)
- Experience in observability such as white and black box monitoring, service level objective alerting, and telemetry collection using tools such as Grafana, Dynatrace, Prometheus, Datadog, Splunk, and others
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools like Jenkins, GitLab, or Terraform
- Familiarity with container and container orchestration such as ECS, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Familiarity with troubleshooting common networking technologies and issues
- Ability to contribute to large and collaborative teams by presenting information in a logical and timely manner with compelling language and limited supervision
- Ability to proactively recognize road blocks and demonstrates interest in learning technology that facilitates innovation
- Ability to identify new technologies and relevant solutions to ensure design constraints are met by the software team
Preferred Qualifications, Capabilities, And Skills
- Experience with AWS or other cloud technologies
- Experience with modern front-end technologies
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents and perspectives that they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. (If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability and wish to request an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us by calling the Accessibility Line (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690 and indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.)
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, we offer discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of firm performance and individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Veterans