Cloud SysOps Administrator 2/3 (AHT)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
This position offers the ability to work remote with the requirement to perform on-site support at the Pentagon, Arlington, VA up to 50%.
As a Cloud System Administrator, you'll have the opportunity to work with the AWS GovCloud and Commercial Cloud environments. Your responsibilities will include:
- Applying knowledge of AWS operations, including services like EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, Auto Scaling Groups, Route 53, IAM, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Lambda, SNS, and RDS.
- Developing automation scripts to streamline system management.
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining servers.
- Conducting software installations for both custom developed and COTs applications.
- Managing server and software configurations, ensuring adherence to established procedures, and documenting system changes.
- Monitoring system health and designing solutions to improve performance metrics.
- Offering technical guidance to the customer and operations team on AWS environment intricacies.
- Troubleshooting performance issues through root-cause analysis and addressing system challenges.
- Additional duties may include creating user and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, optimizing system performance, and allocating storage space.
This requisition is open as a dual level opportunity. We are open to considering candidates at either a level 2 or level 3.
- (Level 2): Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Computer Science or other STEM discipline, with 3 years of relevant experience -OR- Master's degree in STEM, with 1 year of relevant experience
- (Level 3): Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Computer Science or other STEM discipline, with 6 years of relevant experience -OR- Master's degree in STEM, with 4years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in Linux System Administration, including management, configuration, and patching.
- Experience with Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) implementations.
- Expertise in writing automated Linux scripts using languages like Bash, PERL, Python, and/or Java.
- Familiarity with COTS package upgrades and software deployments.
- A minimum of a DoD Secret security clearance with SSBI.
- Must have a Security+ certification or equivalent certification for DoD 8570 compliance
- Experience managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other similar cloud systems
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure and native automation toolsets (CloudFormation, Lambda)
- Knowledge of PKI Certificate based authentication / Single Sign-On
- Knowledge of Apache HTTP Server, Apache Tomcat, DNS and databases (Oracle, SQL Server, RedShift, others)
- Knowledge of networking and communications
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Jenkins, AWS Code Commit/Build/Deploy, Ansible, Chef or Puppet
Salary Range: $73,600 - $110,400
Salary Range 2: $90,600 - $136,000
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs